PDA

View Full Version : My new Sanita's are cute but...

wendibird22
10-14-2010, 03:44 PM
I'm not finding them to be the most comfortable thing to wear for long periods of walking/standing. After reading all the Dansko/Sanita love here I've been dying to try a pair. So, when I found these at DSW for $69.95, plus 30% off, plus I had $30 in coupons making them $18 I jumped on them!!!
http://www.amazon.com/Merrie-Black-Cabrio-Leather-Sanita/dp/B00101470M/ref=pd_ybh_14?pf_rd_p=280800601&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1501&pf_rd_i=ybh&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1PKY51D2HCB266R3YY21

I've worn them a few times and have been pleased, but I also work a desk job so I haven't really put them to the test until today. This morning I had a long tour of a local building and spent 3hrs walking and standing on concrete floors. By the end I was in agony. My feet hurt and worst, my lower back was killing.

I was really hoping these would be amazingly comfortable like my Birk sandals. Anyone else not feeling the Dansko/Sanita love?

KathyN115
10-14-2010, 05:39 PM
I have only had one pair of dansko clogs that didn't have the closed back. For some reason, I never really found them to be that comfortable. I think my feet used to slip in them. I have a few pairs of the closed back ones, and they are wonderful. I used to work in surgery and would stand in one place for many, many hours at a time. My Dansko's were the best shoes I could wear.

tiapam
10-15-2010, 01:18 AM
I have tried on both Dansko's and Sanitas and they do not seem comfy to me, so I have never purchased a pair.

citymama
10-15-2010, 01:41 AM
I have tried on both Dansko's and Sanitas and they do not seem comfy to me, so I have never purchased a pair.

Ditto. I've never understood what the fuss was all about. But I also have very hard to please feet!

nupe
10-15-2010, 03:35 AM
I don't adore danskos either. Part of it is because I'm between dansko sizes. I do wear the marcelles (mary jane style) with thick black athletic socks, and i prefer the stapled (not rubber) bottom.

I do love my borns.

And the most comfy shoes I've ever owned are alegrias. I have the classic. Wore them to disney brand new and they were awesome! I've seen them at my local nordstrom but I can't find on their website, so here is a link to them at Belk:
http://www.belk.com/search/search_results.jsp;jsessionid=M4DKbkd9mQJcp2v1Jm2T pfT3QHFQgmxr9DnlhdMplGtw0N27p6fg!-292489220!1247820311