PDA

View Full Version : Post pregnancy belly binding...

lovebebes
10-14-2010, 10:18 PM
have you done it? If so, what did you use and do you recommend it?

I haven't used a belly compression garment before but this time around I would like to.

The ones I am looking at are the Belly Bandit in Bamboo and this one by Wink:

http://www.winkbellybands.com/

Belly Bandit's reviews on Amazon etc are quite mixed...i understand most of this type of belly garments have a flaw of bunching up and/or being uncomfortable..and Im assuming the Bamboo Belly Bandit would be the least uncomfortable amongst the competition.

Now the one by Wink looks great and seems that the fabric will be uber nice and soft...the only thing that I keep wondering about is the crotch area...with that huge postpartum pad and mesh undies stuffed all up in there, and the Wink garment compressing all of that further into the crotch-just seems like it would be awfully hot and itchy in there and just not good.

Any thoughts?

brgnmom
10-14-2010, 11:00 PM
I've been looking into post-pregnancy belly binding options as well. I didn't do this after my first pregnancy, but would like to consider it this time around.

on the pump station website, it looks like the belly bandits are 25% off right now. I wonder if you can price-match that at the diapers.com website, since it also sells the belly bandits in different styles.

in terms of reviews on the belly bandits, I've read about the bunching up of the material (which seems almost inevitable after long-term use). Belly bandits seem more user-friendly though (compared to the wink belly bands).

I'd love to hear from other moms who have used the belly bandits and found them helpful (or not so useful).

lovebebes
10-14-2010, 11:23 PM
thx for the heads up on the discount in case i go the belly bandit route.

the thing i like about the wink garment is that it does look like it would be undetectable under clothes, therefore i could wear it out while out and about..that would be nice. the belly bandit seems like it would be just for around the house..

also the wink to me looks like it would just be more comfortable overall, will allow you to move with more ease, no bunching to worry about, or adjusting. Its just the crotch area im worried about, lol.

brgnmom
10-14-2010, 11:45 PM
thx for the heads up on the discount in case i go the belly bandit route.

the thing i like about the wink garment is that it does look like it would be undetectable under clothes, therefore i could wear it out while out and about..that would be nice. the belly bandit seems like it would be just for around the house..

also the wink to me looks like it would just be more comfortable overall, will allow you to move with more ease, no bunching to worry about, or adjusting. Its just the crotch area im worried about, lol.

have you seen this style? - wink belly bands full-body style :

http://www.diapers.com/product/productdetail.aspx?productid=39858

I think that one may help in not having to deal with the potential discomfort from the crotch strap.

lovebebes
10-15-2010, 12:23 AM
yes ive seen this one...i dont think i could fathom such a contraption on myself lol...it just looks like too much... and the crotch area concern that i have isnt really with the strap, its just with the fact that the crotch is covered, period.
i just wonder how the pressure created by the wink garments would feel down there, over the pads/underwear etc