PDA

View Full Version : 6 month old WONT nap!!

sarah339
10-15-2010, 02:03 PM
Someone please help me!!! My son will be 6 months old on monday and he WILL NOT take a nap!! We started the CIO method for bedtime last thursday and he is doing GREAT with it. He will go down around 630 (used to be 730 but since no naps, its earlier) and he will sleep till 6 or 630 only waking once cause he's at the end of a sleep cycle. I am only with him all day two days a week, sunday and monday. so last week, i tried the CIO method for nap time, only letting him cry for an hour at a time. I tried this two times on sunday and once on monday cause he fell asleep in the car for an hour monday. He is with my brother in law during the day and for the first two days this week he tried CIO and then i just said forget it. get him to sleep however you can, which ends up being not at all most of the time. I am really stressing about this cause he's rubbing his eyes and getting fussy, so i know he's tired. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!! Has anyone else gone through this and if so, what did you do?!? i understand he may just not need very long naps, but he needs at least an hour of sleep during the day!!

BabyBearsMom
10-18-2010, 11:53 AM
I have a 6mo DD and naps can be a real challenge for us. DD is at daycare 5 days a week and the day care providers find her to be a challenging napper as well. Are you trying traditional CIO or something more structured like Ferber? We have had a lot of success with Ferber. She still isn't the easiest baby in the world to get down for a nap but she will at least nap now. Also, how are you deciding when to put him down for a nap? If he is already over-tired by the time you try to put him down, he may not be able to fall asleep easily.