PDA

View Full Version : How tight are skinny jeans supposed to be?

maylips
10-15-2010, 11:20 PM
I am generally a comfy-first Mama. That said, I just bought a pair of Joe's skinny jeans on sale that I love. They are really comfortable. However, part of the comfort is that they aren't skin tight....they fit well, but there is a little bagginess to them in the knees and thighs. Thing is, if I go down a size, my muffin will probably lop over the top, or be uncomfortable enough that I won't ever want to sit down in them.

These have 2% spandex, if that makes a difference. Should I send them back for a size lower or enjoy the ones I have now? I'm a little afraid that I'm not passing the *hip* test since I've got the skinny jeans, but I'm not wearing them as tight as leggings.

SnuggleBuggles
10-16-2010, 12:12 AM
I just wasted $17 on a pair at Target that fit great till I wore them for a few hours then they got stretched out everywhere. They are still skinny-ish in style in the legs but they don't look nearly as good as what I thought I was buying. I have the same size/ muffin top problem too. I have skinny legs though so I knew that I'd never get a super tight leg since I had to get a bigger size for my waist. I got compliments on them though, even when they were all stretched out. I guess that's what matters.

eta- and by the end of the day I needed a belt for them but since I didn't have one I was constantly yanking them up.

Beth

DrSally
10-16-2010, 12:16 AM
I agree with Beth. When you try jeans with spandex in them on (any kind of jean), they feel tight at first and then really stretch out (depending on the brand, Lees and ON stretch out a lot). I would personally prefer a little looser in the leg, but my legs aren't skinny, so they end up looking pretty tight on me. I'm looking for a long sweater to cover that up, esp. in the top thigh area!