PDA

View Full Version : Why is DH always such a baby!

salsah
10-16-2010, 06:42 PM
so we were invited to someone house today and dh announces that he isn't going to go because he won't know anyone there and it will probably just be all moms. it's a saturday, the invitation said "families" and the when the hosts signed their names, they included the dad's name, clearly it is not a moms/kids event only. honestly, i think he just wanted to stay home to watch the game.
we finally left w/o him and then while i was at the gas station he called and said to come back and get him because he will come with us. i went back, happy that he changed his mind and decided to suck it up and do the right thing, and ready to promise to make it up to him if turned out to be horrible. but then the first thing he said when he got in the car was "if i'm bored, or tired of standing around, or unhappy for any reason, we will leave. even if it is only after 5 minutes. when i say we are leaving, we are leaving." ugh! really dh, you are worse than dd1! i wanted to tell him to get out of the car and not come with us so he wouldn't ruin it for the rest of us. but i knew that would only make things worse.
thank god, all the dads were there and it wasn't that bad. of course when we left, as soon as we got in the car, dh started complaining about how bored he was. i just leaned over and whispered to him to be a good example for the girls. he shut up but is still saying that i owe him one. WTF! we didn't go there for me. we went for the girls.
oh, and as soon as we got home, he turned on the game. so i realized that the only reason he changed his mind and decided to come with us was because he probably went to turn on the game as soon as we left and found out that it was later than he thought so he realized that he could come with us and still catch the game when we got back.
so annoying! and it isn't like it was a major game. and i'm usually very supportive, giving him his time for whatever he wants to do. i never say no. i let him nap on the weekends (both sat and sun) even though it kills the day and we have to plan around it. and for the entire month during the world cup, i didn't make any plans that included/relied on him during the games -- every single game. and i almost never ask for any time for me.
anyway, i am just so glad that all the dads showed up. the whole way there, i was praying that i wouldn't be wrong.

marge234
10-16-2010, 09:51 PM
Ugh. He sounds kind of depressed. Naps, avoiding social stuff. Whatever it is, I'm sorry you're having to deal with it.

Melanie
10-16-2010, 09:55 PM
I'm sorry. I would not be pleased with behavior like that at all. You are good to put up with it and even invite him to your gatherings. I think it took my husband a while to get into the swing of things of "once you are married and especially have children - the world no longer REVOLVES AROUND YOU! It's not always about you, sometimes it's about them. I hope yours gets on board soon. :grouphug:

ha98ed14
10-18-2010, 10:06 AM
and i'm usually very supportive, giving him his time for whatever he wants to do. i never say no. i let him nap on the weekends (both sat and sun) even though it kills the day and we have to plan around it. and for the entire month during the world cup, i didn't make any plans that included/relied on him during the games -- every single game. and i almost never ask for any time for me.

Forgive me, but at his age behavior like this does not make him a baby. It makes him an @$$hole, particularly in light of your anything-but-selfish behavior described above.