PDA

View Full Version : Any free wifi in wdw?

LD92599
10-16-2010, 09:05 PM
Any hotspots in wdw?

Momof3Labs
10-16-2010, 09:58 PM
Nope, not in WDW. It's $10/day (give or take) at the resorts. There are places offsite where you can get free wi-fi (libraries, some businesses) but you'd really need a car to get there.

TwinFoxes
10-16-2010, 10:43 PM
Nope, not in WDW. It's $10/day (give or take) at the resorts.

I don't even think it is wifi at the resorts. I think you have to use a cable. :(

egoldber
10-17-2010, 06:58 AM
Some of the resorts have wifi in common areas. But in most resort rooms, the access is via a cable. :(

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/resorts/wireless.htm

On our last trip, DH had some work he had to do and the only way he could get it done was to go to the lobby. The cord would not reach from the bedroom to the main area and we didn't realize this until the kids were already asleep.

ETA: That link does not have a complete list of resorts with wifi. We were staying at AKL and it was available in the lobby.

kimbe
10-19-2010, 07:00 PM
Some of the resorts have wifi in common areas. But in most resort rooms, the access is via a cable. :(

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/resorts/wireless.htm

On our last trip, DH had some work he had to do and the only way he could get it done was to go to the lobby. The cord would not reach from the bedroom to the main area and we didn't realize this until the kids were already asleep.

ETA: That link does not have a complete list of resorts with wifi. We were staying at AKL and it was available in the lobby.

Because of this....DH brings a router on our trips!

nfowife
10-19-2010, 07:16 PM
What a jip. It wouldn't hardly cost them anything to offer free wifi. I really don't get why it seems the more expensive hotels all still charge for internet/wireless, while the holiday inns and best westerns of the world find a way to provide it for free at a cheap room rate!

cmo
10-19-2010, 07:58 PM
We were just there last week, and I'm sorry to say I never did find any hotspots to tap into for my iTouch. :-( I had to wait until we were in the Orlando airport on our way home.