PDA

View Full Version : MB Swift vs Cybex Onyx, which stroller?

crl
10-16-2010, 10:43 PM
Yet another stroller thread, sorry. We are going to WDW for a week over Thanksgiving. We have a 7 year old, who won't be riding in the stroller. And a 6 month old, so nearly 8 months for the trip. I'll take my mei tai and dh's Ergo, but I'm anticipating the baby being in the stroller mist of the time.

We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge so we need to fold the stroller for transportation around the parks. Also, I understand the rooms are on the small side. We are flying and will have to change planes.

One of my stroller options is my beloved MB Swift, which is the smallest AT stroller out there. It steers beautifully and folds pretty small for an air tire stroller. (Also is technically possible to have it stand upright on its own when folded, but tricky because you have to adjust the handle bar just so). It weighs about 24 pound, iirc. It is very narrow for an AT, but is longish with the 3-wheel design.

My other option is the Cybex Onyx, which I just ordered from Overstock. http://www.overstock.com/Baby/Cybex-Oynx-Lightweight-Stroller-in-Indigo/5148024/product.html. It is an umbrella, weighing about 15 pounds. It has full recline.

I think the Swift pros are that it will push more easily and will have better one handed steering and a better canopy. Oh, and the Swift will have a better basket. I think the Onyx pros are a smaller fold, lighter weight and it is much, much cheaper so not as big a deal if it gets damaged by the airlines (or stolen, though I'm not really worried about that).

What do you all think?

Thank you!
Catherine