PDA

View Full Version : Desperate for DC to stay in bed...help!

bluestarfish18
10-17-2010, 09:37 AM
Both DC sleep in the same room, both in toddler beds, both falling asleep very easily. But for the last few weeks they've developed this habit of wakng up at 3 am and crawling into our bed. It's not too bad right now with DH gone for a few weeks, but we have a tiny queen sized bed and all 4 of us don't fit on it comfortably. I also have a problem of staying awake once I've been woken up by one of them clamoring up the bed.

I've been carrying them back to their own bed, but how can I make this stop in the first place? DS can remove the clamshell-style door locks.

Help!! I'm desperate for more sleep!

truly scrumptious
10-17-2010, 03:46 PM
Sorry no BTDT, but I just wanted to give you :hug:.
I know how awful it can be to feel totally desperate for sleep when DC are keeping you up at night. Hope you get some (uninterrupted) sleep soon!

crl
10-17-2010, 04:00 PM
Would a baby gate across their door work?

Catherine

bluestarfish18
10-17-2010, 05:10 PM
It would...but they both know how to open it. Darn smarty pants.

crl
10-17-2010, 05:23 PM
Hmm, how about a screen door? I've heard of people using those to keep cats out? Or a Dutch door with an eye hook latch on the outside?

Or a reward system for staying in bed?

Just throwing ideas out there.

Catherine

bluestarfish18
10-18-2010, 09:52 AM
Your cross-country mojo worked wonders! I was able to sleep a straight 6 hours with no interruption...and both kids stayed in bed all night. I don't know what was different, but something worked...thanks!

crl
10-18-2010, 10:22 AM
Yay for sleep!

Catherine