PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Ugg-type boots

bnme
10-17-2010, 05:20 PM
Help! I am very fashion-challeneged. I'd love to get a pair of warm boots for wearing out on the soccer field when it is cold, to the ice rink (my kids take skating lessons), and just in general running errands on cold days. My feet are always cold and I usually wear ski socks all winter. I have casual shoes and sneakers, plus winter boots for snow. But nothing good to keep my feet warm when I am not walking through snow drifts.

Are Uggs for me? Are there other options? I usually am wearing straight leg jeans or canvas/corduroy cargos in these situations. Maybe yoga pants of fleece straightleg sweats.

infomama
10-17-2010, 05:35 PM
Uggs will likely make your feet very happy. Just remember to size down if you are a half size as they will stretch out a bit and no socks. I also have cold feet during the winter.

bnme
10-17-2010, 06:03 PM
You mean not to wear socks?

nrp
10-17-2010, 06:10 PM
Yeah, they say not to wear socks with UGG-type boots. I can't remember why. If you have a Costco nearby, they have *great* UGG knockoffs for cheap (like $40 or so?), and many stores are getting them in around now.

ray7694
10-17-2010, 06:18 PM
I have both Uggs and Bearpaw and they are very warm. Definite rink attire.

bnme
10-17-2010, 06:23 PM
How are the Bear Paws compared to the Uggs? I like their price much better.

infomama
10-17-2010, 07:33 PM
Yep....no socks with sheepskin boots. Trust me.

wellyes
10-17-2010, 08:06 PM
Fashion-wise you don't get points for Uggs.
Function wise they are splendid.

TwinFoxes
10-17-2010, 08:39 PM
Fashion-wise you don't get points for Uggs.
Function wise they are splendid.

For YEARS one of the big looks in LA was(is?) classic Uggs with your mini-skirt. Skinny chicks sporting that look on Robertson is a total LA/Beverly Hills "do". It's so odd.

ETA: for your viewing "pleasure".

http://laist.com/2007/04/26/ugg_enough.php

LarsMal
10-17-2010, 10:05 PM
Bare Traps are another option, especially the Ellery boot. Very warm and cozy! I have tried them on three times now at DSW and will finally order them this week. I can't wait to wear them to the ice rink!

bnme
10-18-2010, 06:23 AM
Bare Traps are another option, especially the Ellery boot. Very warm and cozy! I have tried them on three times now at DSW and will finally order them this week. I can't wait to wear them to the ice rink!

My first thought was that I love theese but they are too tall for my height and my tree trunk calves. Then I saw they have similar versions that are shorter. I am going to go to DSW this week to check them out. Thanks!

conniez
10-18-2010, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the note about Costco carrying them...DD was just mentioning how she wanted a pair (not sure her school would let her wear them...do these count as boots or slippers? lol)...but, yes the Uggs price tag hurts a bit!