PDA

View Full Version : Twighlight Turtle or Something Similar?

Indianamom2
10-17-2010, 08:53 PM
I think I'd like to get something like the Twighlight Turtle for DD's room at night. Am I correct that it does NOT have an A/C adapter?

If it only runs on batteries, is there something similar that can be plugged in? I'm certain she would prefer something that stays lit all night and I don't want to replace the batteries every other day.

toby
10-17-2010, 09:20 PM
This is smaller than Twilight Turtle, but we have been really happy with the Kinderglo light (DS has a Brontosaurus). You can set it so it turns off after 30 minutes or so it stays on all night. There is a charger to put it on, but the owner (who emailed me after I asked the question) recommends not charging it up every day...in other words, let the batteries run down before charging.

There are a bunch of choices: moon, owl, hippo, dinos...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0036Z3DDC/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B002KR2ENW&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0TJVX2ZPN02SN178P589

ETA: Our Twilight Turtle does not have an A/C adaptor (but maybe it is available with one).

AJP
10-17-2010, 10:27 PM
Our twilight turtle runs on batteries and only stays lit for around 45 min. Before shutting off.

longtallsally05
10-17-2010, 11:06 PM
We have the Twilight Ladybug and it stays lit for 45 minutes. Unfortunately, it seems like the batteries fade out quickly, and we have to change them like in 3-4 weeks. I'm wondering if DD turns it back on whenever she wakes up @ night. She usually makes 2 trips to the bathroom @ night. It's a small price to pay for dry sheets though; I'll take the trade.

kochh2
10-18-2010, 03:15 PM
Our TT's (we have 2) also don't have A/C adapters, but I was happy to get about 6 months out of both turtles' batteries.....3-4 weeks seems awfully short.

:) hands down a favorite in both my almost 4 year old and 6 year old's rooms!!!

Glizmo
10-18-2010, 05:21 PM
We also have the Twilight Ladybug, also stays lit about 45 minutes. DD must have her "bug-bug" on before sleeping and we haven't had to change the batteries yet (been using appx 2 months?).

DD LOVES it, even if it doesn't stay lit all night. She learned early on how to turn it on herself though, so she'll occasionally turn it on herself if she wakes up in the night.

AnnieW625
10-18-2010, 06:00 PM
DD1 got her TT when DD2 was born and it's still on it's first set of batteries.

lil_acorn
10-18-2010, 09:07 PM
we have the mobi tykelight and love it!

xmasbabycomin
10-18-2010, 10:13 PM
Oooh...the Kinderglo is cool. Of course the hippo and elephant are the ones w/o free shipping. DD is def having issues w/falling back to sleep, so she also needs something to stay on all night.

FYI, Mobi is not made to sleep with. We like ours, but I remember a couple of
years ago when researching it, I read about somebody having a prob. w/theirs overheating
and seems like I read the fine print. Of course, maybe the newer models are
different.