PDA

View Full Version : Are these boots too similar? And what to wear with them?

conniez
10-18-2010, 08:25 AM
Okay mamas, I will try to make this the last thread from me about shoes! (Sorry, I went a bit nuts during the Piperlime 25% off + Ebates 15% cb thing!). I got these 2 boots & LOVE both of them, but I'm starting to think they are a bit similar (Piperlime changed their return policy to only 45 days so I would need to send one back soon.)

Ash Egoist (black):
http://piperlime.gap.com/Asset_Archive/PLWeb/Assets/Product/812/812745/main/pl812745-00p01v01.jpg

Boutique 9 Olita (gray):
http://piperlime.gap.com/Asset_Archive/PLWeb/Assets/Product/811/811819/main/pl811819-00p01v01.jpg

The colors are different, but they could both are about the same height/heel & similar military style. I LOVE the zig-zag sole on the Olita, but the Egoist is so sharp, too! I'm having a hard time picking just one! Also, what the heck do I wear with either? I don't have the skinniest calves, but since they're an ankle boot, I have this space between my leg & the top of the boot, which makes me think I'm supposed to wear jeans or something to fill that gap? lol

TwinFoxes
10-18-2010, 03:04 PM
Those are hot. I could NEVER wear them, I would break my ankle! I think an argument can be made for keeping both, since they're different colors. I think ideally you'd wear them with stylish, slim fitting pants, or leggings if you do leggings.

Sweetum
10-18-2010, 04:49 PM
Not too crazy about the zig-zag, but that's not what you asked :p
They are quite similar, and I personally like the black one. Would you be faced with picking between the 2 all the time, or do you envision yourself picking one automatically without much thought for a particular outfit? If former's the case, keep one (keep the black one!) if it's the latter, you have a good case to keep both.
I think they would look great with leggings. jean, maybe skin-tights, but I would really like to see them with leggings.

conniez
10-18-2010, 07:36 PM
Those are hot. I could NEVER wear them, I would break my ankle! I think an argument can be made for keeping both, since they're different colors. I think ideally you'd wear them with stylish, slim fitting pants, or leggings if you do leggings.

lol I think they're pretty hot, too! I typically don't wear this high of a heel, but loved the look when I first saw both of these. They'll most likely have to be worn when I don't have my kids with me. Can't imagine trying to chase a toddler in these! So probably pants or leggings...don't think I can pull off any length skirt with this, huh? Also, do you think using leg warmers to fill the space between the top of the boot & my leg is weird? I'm thinking black leg warmers w/black leggings or jeans just so there's not an awkward gap, but I have no idea. I've worn the same low-heeled fugly knee-high boots for a couple years now (wore them during pregnancy & after having DD2), so this is a big change for me!

Not too crazy about the zig-zag, but that's not what you asked :p
They are quite similar, and I personally like the black one. Would you be faced with picking between the 2 all the time, or do you envision yourself picking one automatically without much thought for a particular outfit? If former's the case, keep one (keep the black one!) if it's the latter, you have a good case to keep both.
I think they would look great with leggings. jean, maybe skin-tights, but I would really like to see them with leggings.

The zig-zag does look pretty crazy, but w/the boots on you actually don't see it too much & since it's rubber it definitely adds stability! :) Oh and the gray color is actually darker in person (not as light as in the picture). It's more of a brownish-dark gray (pewter?). Really nice color. I am tempted to keep both since they're different colors & I got such a great deal! :p

TwinFoxes
10-18-2010, 08:30 PM
Do you mean there would be skin showing between your pants and boot top? I would get longer pants and skip leg warmers.

I actually dig the zig zag, it adds pizzazz...not that those boots need more! :) And now that you've described the color, I definitely am leaning toward keep both.

conniez
10-18-2010, 08:35 PM
Do you mean there would be skin showing between your pants and boot top? I would get longer pants and skip leg warmers.

I actually dig the zig zag, it adds pizzazz...not that those boots need more! :) And now that you've described the color, I definitely am leaning toward keep both.

Sorry if I totally didn't make sense...since these are short/ankle boots, they are not "fitted" to my leg (like how a knee high boot would form to you). So I'm wondering if it would look weird just wearing them with leggings/jeans underneath because of the space. Or is that normal to wear boots like that? I feel like I need to fill it with something! lol Hence the idea of leg warmers to add more "bulk" in that area.

LarsMal
10-18-2010, 08:39 PM
Oooohhhhh...I'm having serious shoe envy! These are the kind of shoes I try on at the store but don't ever dare to buy!

I love them both because I :heartbeat: gray. I kind of like the style of the black better, though.

I say keep both and have fun with them!

TwinFoxes
10-18-2010, 09:46 PM
Sorry if I totally didn't make sense...since these are short/ankle boots, they are not "fitted" to my leg (like how a knee high boot would form to you). So I'm wondering if it would look weird just wearing them with leggings/jeans underneath because of the space. Or is that normal to wear boots like that? I feel like I need to fill it with something! lol Hence the idea of leg warmers to add more "bulk" in that area.

Oh, I see. I think the space will look fine. :)

vejemom
10-19-2010, 09:09 PM

I think you could get away with just skinny jeans or leggings. All of the pictures I've seen in catalogues of that type of boot seem to just leave a gap there.

conniez
10-20-2010, 05:41 AM
I think you could get away with just skinny jeans or leggings. All of the pictures I've seen in catalogues of that type of boot seem to just leave a gap there.

I think I'm seriously out of the loop...either that or it's just been awhile since I've read any type of fashion magazine. I don't recall any pictures of women/celebrities/etc. wearing that length boot...I usually see pics of them either wearing heels or knee highs. Btw, I asked DD which one I should keep & she liked the zigzag sole of the gray one. That's about all she had to say as she was tired of me asking her (this being the 7th time I tried them on in front of her & asked her to help me choose) :p

conniez
10-20-2010, 07:38 AM
Oooohhhhh...I'm having serious shoe envy! These are the kind of shoes I try on at the store but don't ever dare to buy!

I love them both because I :heartbeat: gray. I kind of like the style of the black better, though.

I say keep both and have fun with them!

Sorry, I missed your post a couple of days ago! I haven't bought myself shoes for a while because really...4" heels with a toddler? But I figured she will be in preschool soon/eventually, so when I work part/full time I will have an excuse (and a place) to wear these boots! ;) That and the fact that I just couldn't pass up the terrific Piperlime + ebates deal! lol

Btw, you guys are really bad! I was hoping to post here & have people say, ugly-return them! Instead you guys are totally enabling! :ROTFLMAO: