PDA

View Full Version : Ipod trade in

Mikey0709
10-18-2010, 08:55 AM
Want to upgrade your iPod? Bring it to Toys R Us!
Want to upgrade your iPod? Bring it to Toys R Us!

The retailer is offering customers up to $100 for each old iPod they bring into stores. You can then use that money toward buying a new iPod or iPod Touch. The trade-in program is only available for one week, starting Sunday, Oct. 17 and running trough Saturday, Oct. 23. Here's the catch: You can only trade in up to 3 old iPods, and they have to be in working condition.A store employee will examine the iPod and make an offer, so be advised: Not everyone will qualify for the full $100. To redeem the offer, just visit the customer service desk at your local store.

However, be warned: Not every store is participating in the deal, so be sure to call ahead.

Thanks to 6abc.com for the heads up on this awesome tip!

pjsmom30
10-18-2010, 09:27 AM
We have one that doesn't work. I wonder if they will accept trade ins on broken ones? I will call when they open....

calv
10-18-2010, 09:31 AM
says about that has to be in working condition. could try but not sure if they'll take it.

Reina
10-19-2010, 08:17 AM
Knowing Toys R Us, they are going to refuse the full $100 unless you are trading in a brand new iPod you bought last month; making up all kinds of corporate devised excuses. This is the company that refuses to exchange (NOT refund. just exchange with a different size) their own branded merchandise from the current season. They always have an angle. There is always a catch. They rarely honor their own warranty. So what's going to happen when your TRU bought iPod has a problem? I'd say hold onto your working old iPod and buy a new one elsewhere...

3boys1girl
10-19-2010, 09:14 AM
I totally agree with you! I stopped shopping at TRU about 3 years ago when they would not take back an unopened item with reciept that was 1 day past their return date on the receipt...among many other similar issues like this with them. They always have some reason why something can't be done.

calebsmama03
10-19-2010, 11:58 AM
Wonder how much they'd give for an old shuffle? Probably $10!

peanut520
10-19-2010, 12:10 PM
well if anyone goes, can they find out how much would they give for a 2nd gen namo?

resipsaloquitur
10-19-2010, 02:04 PM
Knowing Toys R Us, they are going to refuse the full $100 unless you are trading in a brand new iPod you bought last month; making up all kinds of corporate devised excuses. This is the company that refuses to exchange (NOT refund. just exchange with a different size) their own branded merchandise from the current season. They always have an angle. There is always a catch. They rarely honor their own warranty. So what's going to happen when your TRU bought iPod has a problem? I'd say hold onto your working old iPod and buy a new one elsewhere...

:yeahthat:

wellyes
10-19-2010, 03:58 PM
Yeah, I'm guessing the $100 is for a current gen ipod touch 64 gb.

danagee
10-19-2010, 09:08 PM
DH took his barely-used 1st generation Nano 1G (probably about 4-5 years old) to TRU tonight and they offered him $5. They have a standard list of all the models & how much they'll pay for each one.:irked:

wellyes
10-19-2010, 11:08 PM
They have a standard list of all the models & how much they'll pay for each one.:irked:

I'm not surprised - but it is lousy of them to not publicize the list at all, to just vaguely claim "up to $100". They just want to get your hopes up and get you into the store. They do not treat their customers respectfully.

jjadair
10-20-2010, 08:07 AM
I was offered $5 for a 4-5 year old shuffle and $8 for a relatively new 4B shuffle (less than a year old!!) Forget it.

peanut520
10-20-2010, 09:18 AM
DH took his barely-used 1st generation Nano 1G (probably about 4-5 years old) to TRU tonight and they offered him $5. They have a standard list of all the models & how much they'll pay for each one.:irked:

:thumbsdown: how am i not surprised?