PDA

View Full Version : Any other WW Mama's?

DietCokeLover
10-18-2010, 12:40 PM
Ok, so I'm only starting week 3 and I'm already bored with the food and am facing temptation. What are you eating on WW that you are loving right now?

Disclaimer: I can't stand vegetables - which makes dieting difficult, so veggies are out for me. But, I'd love to know what else you are eating and what the points value is.

DietCokeLover
10-18-2010, 08:45 PM
Bumping this up.

nrp
10-18-2010, 10:09 PM
I'm on week five or so, but I mostly like vegetables, so it is a bit easier, I guess. Mainly, I eat what I did before (we've always eaten relatively healthy), I just watch my portions carefully now.

I know you said you don't do vegetables, but what about soup? Now that it is getting a little cooler, soup can be a good, filling low-points option. I don't snack as much as I used to, but when I do I usually go for a babybel light cheese or a couple of laughing cow wedges with four or five crackers. Depending on the crackers that is usually 2 points. Fruit is also good, of course. I always do breakfast, but I try to keep my points at 5 or less in the morning, so usually a latte with an oatmeal or kashi bar. I also like green smoothies, but you can't taste the vegetables in those! I don't like salads, so that is the only reliable way I can eat my greens. The kids love them too! I also like Greek yogurt with a little vanilla and stevia (or splenda if you do artificial sweeteners), and sometimes some berries.

I've also been using my rice cooker a lot lately, for brown rice as a side with a veggie and a protein. I also have been upping my exercise lately, so its nice to have the activity points to play with if I need them. I'm not losing fast, but pretty consistently, so I'm hoping it will stick!

snowbunnies300
10-19-2010, 08:45 AM
I am on week 21 or 22. I've lost 23 lbs. I seem to lose 2 lbs one week then .02 the next or gain .06. Then I go back and have a loss. Very frustrating. Right now I am hanging on by a thread (the very thinnest of threads I might add). I too do not like veggies. The weeks when I did eat them I seem to have lost the most. I need to get back to eating them.

I have found that eating beans has also helped. I buy low count tortilla shells. Smear on some fat free refried beans, salsa and a tiny bit of cheese and heat in the microwave. Since fall I've also added in a smear of sqaush. Yes I know that sounds weird but the sqaush gives it an extra little bit of creamy-ness that I don't miss sour cream. Make some egg white scrambled eggs and add in some steamed veggies and top with salsa. I like salsa because it covers the taste of the veggies (when I said that in a meeting I got the biggest laugh).

I also have found that the generic Fiber One bars are only two points. I get mine at either WalMart or Aldi's. I've but them side by side to the original fiber one bars and they are the same bar. I found a great organic oatmeal at Trader Joes. I'll try to remember to bring the container downstairs and post again the name. It makes a lot and fills you up for around 2 or 3 points.

Hang in there. A life style change is never easy. Maybe we can all support one another with more posts about what is working for us.

snowbunnies300
10-19-2010, 10:00 AM
Country Choice Organic Hot Ceral - Multi Grain. Has Rye, barley, oats and wheat. Serving size 1/2 cup dry is 130 calories, 1 gram fat and 5 grams dietary fiber. www.countrychoiceorganic.com can purchase their products from their website. The applesauce multigran muffin recipe on the back of the container is very good. My kids ate almost the entire pan of muffins in one day!

weech
10-19-2010, 10:16 AM
I <3 WW. I've lost 30 pounds in six months, about 30 more to go!

Hm... I eat everything I normally did. One thing I love about WW is that if I'm craving something, I can eat it (as long as I count points) -- I just have to "make up for it" the rest of the day. That helps me a LOT because I totally regret my french fry binge if I have to starve or eat baby carrots for the rest of the day because of it.

One thing that helps me a lot is eating soup. Progresso soups (even the light versions) are good, but I also make some homemade soup. They are really low point values for a really filling meal... and they also tend to have lots of veggies in them without tasting like it. I've recently made chicken soup (with matzoh balls), black bean soup and vegetable beef soup.

My typical day is-
Muffin/dry cereal/hot oatmeal for breakfast (3-5 pts)
soup/lean cuisine/leftovers for lunch (4-8 pts)
meat/veggie/starch for dinner (10-15 pts)
dessert if I have points left (2-5 pts)

AnnieW625
10-19-2010, 12:27 PM
I am a former lifetime member trying to get back to goal. I have about 25lbs to go. WW has it's challenges but overall I find it pretty easy to follow. I love their cookbooks (Simply Delicious, and Take Out Tonight are my favorites), and my DH who can eat almost anything and not gain weight (as long as he exercises) enjoys the food I cook. I do splurge points wise on reduced fat milk, and cottage cheese (vs. no fat), and eat full fat cheese, and sometimes will eat low fat yogurt vs. no fat because the points aren't that much different. I'd rather use 1 extra point here and there for something all natural vs. something that has less fat.

My points strategy is very similar to Weech's. I tend to limit the amount of Lean Cuisine/Weight Watchers meals I have for lunch because they are full of sodium and if I eat them three days in a row I just feel nasty. They are good for every so often when I am in a rush, but that's it. I'd rather use more points and make a PB&J sandwich.

Sometimes veggies are hard for me too, but I have always liked to snack on carrots or an apple so those are always a given for me. Take baby steps and you'll eventually find stuff that you actually like.

If you aren't going to the meetings (doing the online thing) I highly suggest it esp. for newcomers, even if you aren't weighing in there. Just go and listen to the leader and see if he/she provides some inspiration.

DietCokeLover
10-19-2010, 02:18 PM
I successfully did WW about 8 years ago and lost 40 lbs. Two babies later and I am in need again, so I'm doing it on my own - from memory mostly. I've lost 7 pounds, but I always have lost weight the first couple of weeks.

My general plan is something like this...
AM - oatmeal (2 pts)
snack - fiber bar (2 pts)
Lunch - sandwich and baked chips (7 or so points)
snack - cheese stick or something 2 or 3 pts-ish
Dinner - lean cuisine or WW meal. Sometimes soup.
Sweet snack - usually a cupcake or ice cream sandwich

I just really like cooking, and I am missing that piece of this. I need some good recipes that I can actually have the sensation of making/ baking, etc instead of nuking!

I did just bake some red velvet cupcakes made with pumpkin today that are absolutely YUMMY!

weech
10-19-2010, 03:03 PM
I successfully did WW about 8 years ago and lost 40 lbs. Two babies later and I am in need again, so I'm doing it on my own - from memory mostly. I've lost 7 pounds, but I always have lost weight the first couple of weeks.

My general plan is something like this...
AM - oatmeal (2 pts)
snack - fiber bar (2 pts)
Lunch - sandwich and baked chips (7 or so points)
snack - cheese stick or something 2 or 3 pts-ish
Dinner - lean cuisine or WW meal. Sometimes soup.
Sweet snack - usually a cupcake or ice cream sandwich

I just really like cooking, and I am missing that piece of this. I need some good recipes that I can actually have the sensation of making/ baking, etc instead of nuking!

I did just bake some red velvet cupcakes made with pumpkin today that are absolutely YUMMY!

Oh I'm the same way! I love to cook, but mostly I love baking. I decided that I'll bake one thing per week and I have to figure out how to make that fit into my WW lifestyle. I also try to cook dinner fresh 5 times a week.

I've found some really great recipes on the Weight Watchers site, but have yet to find a WW cookbook I love. The recipes in the one I have are weird (IMHO). I can post some I like later on. I also use a lot of recipes from the boards. I've been eating pumpkin muffins from a recipe posted here for two weeks! They're two points each and I think the famous blueberry oat muffins are 3 pts.

I found a blog over the weekend that I may be in love with. They seem to be awesome recipes, but she lists all the nutritionals, including WW points! It's Gina's Skinny Recipes. (http://www.skinnytaste.com/) If you try any, let me know. I'm curious!

LD92599
10-22-2010, 07:22 AM
Some favorites of mine:

Frigo light string cheese, bjs, 1
Cabot light chedder chunks, costco, 1
Just bought light finlandia swiss and havarti chunks at bjs, 1
Fiber one 90 cal bars, 1
Deli meat on arnold sandwich thin, 2 points

The above usually makes up lunch and breakfast which i tend to eat both at work and breakfast always at my desk.