PDA

View Full Version : I'm still pregnant.

LadyPeter
10-18-2010, 02:04 PM
I've been pregnant for several years now, with no end in sight. Just thought you'd like to know.

SnuggleBuggles
10-18-2010, 02:08 PM
As one who went to 42w with ds1 and 41.5w with ds2, I sympathize. It helped with ds2 that I assumed I'd go late so the waiting really wasn't so bad at all! I just kept busy and knew it would eventually happen. :) GL!! I recommend the following- go see some movies, get a pedicure, preaddress envelopes for announcements, finish thank yous or start a puzzle. :)

Beth

marymoo86
10-18-2010, 02:15 PM
I'm hoping mine will be on time at the earliest - still so many house projects to wrap up! Don't know what would happen if she came early - guess head to grandma's!

luckytwenty
10-18-2010, 03:59 PM
Yep, me too. And I have been to L & D twice because of contractions. My uterus seems to think the baby's ready to leave, but my cervix strongly disagrees. Never thought I'd be jealous of a woman screaming in agony on the other side of the curtain.

KrisM
10-18-2010, 04:40 PM
Oooh, that's hard. How late are you? DS1 was 5 days over, but DD was 2 weeks and it was June. I was so tired of being pregnant with her! DS2 surprised us and was born on his EDD.

LadyPeter
10-18-2010, 06:18 PM
Well, to be honest I'm only 37 weeks and 2 days. So not late at all...(bag over head). But I've had a raging sinus infection for a month making breathing near impossible, I've been contracting and having shooting sciatica for weeks, and I am DONE! Come on out, buddy! You'll like it on the outside, I promise!

brgnmom
10-18-2010, 06:27 PM
Well, to be honest I'm only 37 weeks and 2 days. So not late at all...(bag over head). But I've had a raging sinus infection for a month making breathing near impossible, I've been contracting and having shooting sciatica for weeks, and I am DONE! Come on out, buddy! You'll like it on the outside, I promise!

I can empathize. ;) my pelvic pressure has become increasingly more noticeable than the first time around... I didn't give birth to my DS until I was 40.5 weeks into my pregnancy, and I'm hoping I won't be still pregnant that far along this second time around. I still have less than a week to go until baby is full-term, but my body feels ready to give birth. Over the weekend, I had some bloody show which scared me... and I still have to pack for the hospital.

Are you all packed for the hospital, LadyPeter?

Gena
10-18-2010, 06:35 PM
I remember that feeling. DS was a week and a half late and I kept telling people that I was going to be an 80 year old woman with a 50 year old fetus.

luckytwenty
10-18-2010, 06:48 PM
The thing I keep reminding myself is it's harder once they're out than when they're in, even now!!! Though I cannot wait to feel less like an invalid. I know I'll be living on fumes for a few months, will have humbling moments when I will question both my sanity and whether my child was cursed to get stuck with an incompetent person like me as a mother, when I will exude pretty much every bodily fluid a woman can exude (milk, blood, tears, snot, and let's not forget about those night sweats). BUT, I will have traded the waddle for a c-section recovery limp (which will slowly be upgraded to a must-lose-the-baby-weight-NOW walk), and I'll get to actually see his face and watch him grow.

Boy does time pass slowly when you're pregnant!!

♥ms.pacman♥
10-18-2010, 07:01 PM
The thing I keep reminding myself is it's harder once they're out than when they're in, even now!!!

so true. i'll have to remind myself of this when i start getting impatient this time around.

i only went to 38wks with Pac-Baby and by 36wks i was soo ready to not be pregnant anymore. the last few weeks are the hardest. i too had gotten colds back to back , was so tired, and was just ready to be done! but i have to admit, the last few weeks were easier than the first few days with a newborn.

SnuggleBuggles
10-18-2010, 07:15 PM
but i have to admit, the last few weeks were easier than the first few days with a newborn.

Wise, wise words!! At least when pg (especially with your 1st) you only have to take care of you. You're tired? Sleep. Baby comes? yeah, you are on their schedule and your needs totally get the shaft a lot of the time. That bone numbing exhaustion, crazy hormones, other physical things (recovering from vb or c-s, breastfeeding...)...I know you are miserable now but it's not always easier on the flip side. :)

That's why I was cool with both of them being late, in fact!!

Beth

Edensmum
10-18-2010, 10:39 PM
It's tough to be pregnant, but it's important time for baby. Babe will come when he/she is ready and they will be much better off for the picking of their own time.
The unpleasantness that is the end of pregnancy is what makes you ready for labor.

LadyPeter
10-19-2010, 09:30 AM
So true. All my labor anxiety is gone because I feel willing to do anything not to be pregnant anymore! We are all packed for the hospital, most house projects are done, etc. Ironically, I KNOW how important it is for the baby to be ready and actually refused to be induced without a good medical reason...so maybe I'm not as DONE as I think I am.

I am grateful, however, that I can work at home right now. I'm a mess. This morning I read a story about a rhino at the Cincinnati Zoo who has been pregnant for more than 400 days (normal for rhinos, apparently) and I wanted to give her a hug.

bostonsmama
10-19-2010, 11:10 AM
I am grateful, however, that I can work at home right now. I'm a mess. This morning I read a story about a rhino at the Cincinnati Zoo who has been pregnant for more than 400 days (normal for rhinos, apparently) and I wanted to give her a hug.

Awww...only preggos could draw a tear to their eyes at that story. LOL Poor mama rhino!

I thought I'd be so much more graceful about these latter days of pg, but I feel like such a wimp every time I "ooch" or "dang" when she head-butts my cervix or ninja kicks my ribs or just plays speed bag w/ my organs. The deathly insomnia that has me looking bedraggled and feeling like I want to puke standing up--all the guilt about taking Ambien goes far, far away after that first half-decent night of sleep.

I'm like you, totally of the opinion that I'd rather have her inside than out right now, but yes...I GET IT sometimes when the symptoms of pg make you pine for a different condition (ala baby in your arms) just so you can feel not how you're feeling, even if it sucks worse.

LarsMal
10-19-2010, 12:56 PM

I hope you feel better soon! I had a horrible sinus infection when I was about 35 weeks with M. My doctor even made a comment that I looked horrible- made me feel great! I got on meds and it helped a ton.

Oh...and M was born at 38 weeks, so hang in there, just get to 38 weeks and then beg that little buddy to come out. That's what I did- and she listened to me!

HIU8
10-19-2010, 01:26 PM
Yeah, with DS I had a raging UTI that I couldn't get rid of. I lived on penicillin that PG. OH, and I also got the full blown flu with PG with DS. With DD I had 2 sinus infections. Sciaticca that started at 6 months and ended the moment I gave birth. I wanted DD out so badly. I still can't believe that I actually want to go through all that again. I didn't walk more than a few feet at a time by 35 weeks (can we say wheelchair). So, I feel for you and hope the misery is over soon with a healthy baby in your arms.