PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY ordered my Bare Trap Ellery boots!

LarsMal
10-19-2010, 01:19 PM
Woo hoo!! I have tried these things on 3 different times in the store, but wanted to wait for a good deal.

I ended up calling and using the 170 code to get $20 off, plus a $5 coupon I had in my account, plus free shipping, and I got an extra 500 bonus points! I can't wait to get them!!!

I got them in black:

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/bare+traps+ellery+boot?prodId=207935&category=cat20173

I think I might get these in brown with my next rewards certificate. They were really comfy, too:

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/bare+traps+mary+jo+bootie?prodId=207687&brand=300040

DrSally
10-19-2010, 03:30 PM
Who-ho! Sorry I couldn't find the $10 code, but you still got a really good deal. I don't think I got the extra bonus pts. if it was a code that had to be entered. I hope you like them!

TamiRuns
10-19-2010, 04:29 PM
I got them in black:

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/bare+traps+ellery+boot?prodId=207935&category=cat20173

Those are so cute! I never lusted over boots my entire life until I started reading all these darn boot threads!!!

pastrygirl
10-19-2010, 04:34 PM
Yay! I am trying to resist. I have two other new pairs of boots and I want to see if I wear them first. But... I might go to DSW when the baby wakes up, and change my mind!

daisymommy
10-19-2010, 10:56 PM
I bought them too! We need a group shot with all of us wearing them :)

DrSally
10-19-2010, 10:59 PM
I bought them too! We need a group shot with all of us wearing them :)

:rotflmao:

I was at DSW today and a mom commented that our girls had the same shoes (deal posted on the BBB), so I wondered for a second if she was a BBB mom :rotflmao:

crl
10-19-2010, 11:28 PM
Nice!

Catherine

pastrygirl
10-21-2010, 12:15 PM
Ugh, why did I resist? I tried them on today and LOVE THEM!! But I don't want to pay full price. What to do?

DrSally
10-21-2010, 12:40 PM
Ugh, why did I resist? I tried them on today and LOVE THEM!! But I don't want to pay full price. What to do?

Wait for a sale!

DrSally
10-21-2010, 12:41 PM

Wait for a sale! We'll tell you when another one comes up. It's not cold yet.

LarsMal
10-21-2010, 06:55 PM

Don't worry, there will be more sales!!! Aren't they so comfy?! (sorry, that probably doesn't help!)

I found this website- maybe you bargain savvy mamas already know about it (or maybe you do and you'll tell me it's a bad site), but I used a couple of these codes when I got mine. If you really want them now you could try the 10% off and, if you're a member, get the 500 bonus points and free shipping. That would be *something*. Otherwise, like Sally said, we'll let you know when the next sale comes around!

http://dealspl.us/dsw-coupons

pastrygirl
10-21-2010, 06:57 PM
Thanks -- I did get it down to around $60 plus the extra 500 points (which would get me my next reward). So maybe I'll just do it. I'm worried that they will sell out since they've been pushing them like crazy!

LarsMal
10-21-2010, 07:05 PM
Thanks -- I did get it down to around $60 plus the extra 500 points (which would get me my next reward). So maybe I'll just do it. I'm worried that they will sell out since they've been pushing them like crazy!

I also got a $5 coupon for requesting an actual rewards card (instead of always giving them my phone # in the store) . If you don't have one yet, order one, and maybe you'll get the $5 bucks, too!

pastrygirl
10-21-2010, 07:08 PM
I do have a card, but am waiting for my birthday coupon that should show up any day. I think that's $5.

Sweetum
10-21-2010, 07:13 PM
Those are so cute! I never lusted over boots my entire life until I started reading all these darn boot threads!!!
:yeahthat:

pastrygirl
10-22-2010, 02:49 PM
Got my birthday coupon! It's not working online for some reason, though. I'll have to call to place the order. Then again, if I'm only saving $6 by ordering online, maybe I'll just pick them up in person. Instant gratification and all that. ;)

LarsMal
10-22-2010, 11:06 PM
Got my birthday coupon! It's not working online for some reason, though. I'll have to call to place the order. Then again, if I'm only saving $6 by ordering online, maybe I'll just pick them up in person. Instant gratification and all that. ;)

Yay! What color are you getting?

I've always had trouble applying coupons online and usually end up calling to order.

pastrygirl
10-23-2010, 05:51 PM
I got the brown ones with the contrasting trim. I can't wait to wear them!

pastrygirl
10-24-2010, 10:10 AM
Well, I'm returning them.

Because today there's a 30% online coupon! (BOOTS) :boogie:

cleo27
10-24-2010, 02:25 PM

Thanks for the code! I finally reordered the gray ones (had ordered them about 2 weeks ago with the original discount they were giving (independent from the posts on this board.) I originally paid ~$55 with free shipping and was pleased with that.

Well, today I got it down to $28.06 (after applying a new $10 rewards cert to the order). Apparently I had played around with the "170" code for $20 off last Tuesday and it was still in my cart, because the order today reflects it. I was able to stack 170 for $20 off, the "BOOTS" code for 30% off, and my reward cert of $10. The only "downside" to this is that there is shipping of $7.95 included in my total because the order was under $35 for free shipping. I just couldn't find anything else I wanted and the price was still too good.

Hope that helps someone. You may want to check your account to see if the 170 code is still there, if you didn't use it on Tuesday.

Now, if DH questions why I needed new boots, I can tell him they only cost $28! :)

ett
10-24-2010, 02:51 PM

Thanks so much for posting this code! I've been wanting this pair of boots that were $100. The best price I could get on them was at another store with a 20% coupon making it $80. But with the BOOTS code, 920 code for $10% off, and SHIPR for free shipping, I got the total down to $63!

TamiRuns
10-24-2010, 03:47 PM
So close to ordering another pair of boots....the 30% code is almost too much to resist! Plus the 10% with 920....I'm feeling weak!!!

JenaW
10-24-2010, 05:15 PM
Ugh. I SO do not need another pair of boots...especially since I got something similar in brown last year. But I COUlD use a pair of black ones. How do they run in the calf? My calves are not HUGE but they are definitely on the larger side. Wondering if I should go for the wides since I hope to wear them over jeans.

pastrygirl
10-24-2010, 06:41 PM
Ugh. I SO do not need another pair of boots...especially since I got something similar in brown last year. But I COUlD use a pair of black ones. How do they run in the calf? My calves are not HUGE but they are definitely on the larger side. Wondering if I should go for the wides since I hope to wear them over jeans.I don't think I have big calves, but find the boots pleasantly snug. I haven't tried them with jeans tucked in, though I think it would be tight.

SunshineWedding
10-30-2010, 06:51 AM
Saw the black Bare Trapps at my Marshalls today for $49.99

DrSally
10-30-2010, 10:23 AM
I don't think I have big calves, but find the boots pleasantly snug. I haven't tried them with jeans tucked in, though I think it would be tight.

I find the calf tight, but I can get it zipped. Definitely have to wear skinny jeans. FWIW, I think the Wide designation refers to the footbed, rather than the calf. I've tried on both, and that's what it feels like to me.

LarsMal
11-01-2010, 03:04 PM
So we went from a week of Florida heat to a cold night of ToT last night. My boots were delivered while we were gone and I was so happy to have them last night. I wore them ToTing and my feet were so warm and toasty!

I wore them under my boot cut jeans last night, but I'm looking forward to wearing them over my straight leg jeans and possibly (possibly!) some leggings.

gavsmompa
11-02-2010, 08:21 PM
Got mine today. Super cute! Does anyone else think they run a little long? I am usually a true 8M and never have problems with sizing, but I am contemplating a 7.5M because my left heel is pulling up a little when I walk. I have on the socks that I would probably wear with them and they are medium weight

DrSally
11-02-2010, 08:54 PM
I just noticed that my unworn boots have some black stuff stuck to the top fur, so I'm going to have to reorder/return.

daniele_ut
11-08-2010, 04:00 PM
Just bumping this up to say that there is another 30% off one item code: DSWSAVE. There is also free shipping for orders above $35. I just ordered the same boots in black. I couldn't get code 918, 919 or 920 to work anymore, but my total was around $50 shipped so I'm pretty happy.

TamiRuns
11-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Just bumping this up to say that there is another 30% off one item code: DSWSAVE. There is also free shipping for orders above $35. I just ordered the same boots in black. I couldn't get code 918, 919 or 920 to work anymore, but my total was around $50 shipped so I'm pretty happy.

Thanks a lot! Just bought Ellery's little sis Emily for $38!!

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/bare+traps+emily+bootie?prodId=211927&brand=300040

30% off, FS, and a $10 reward certificate! As much as I like the tall ones, I have one tall pair and these are more practical for me. And what a deal!!

LarsMal
11-08-2010, 09:34 PM

I used the DSWSAVE last week to buy the rain boots I didn't need, but really wanted! I was able to use 919 at the time, and my $10 certif. I couldn't get free shipping because it was under $35. I hate paying shipping now, but my total still only came to $26 so I'm happy!