PDA

View Full Version : Is this my best deal? (infant seat)

think613
10-19-2010, 01:53 PM
I'm shopping for an infant seat for my first baby, due in November. I'm pretty sure I want to go with the Graco Snugride for as long as it will fit. I don't have a personal track record yet but people in my family tend to have petite babies so hopefully I'll get some good mileage out of a lighter weight carrier.

Anyway they seem to make them in different grades; I want one with front-adjust harness, good padding, and good fabric.

I haven't been able to actually personally check out different models in stores because I've been on bed rest since before I started thinking about this stuff. It's anybody's guess whether I'll have time for shopping between when I end bedrest and when baby comes.

So anyway I see albeebaby.com has the Snugride in Milano for $109, MSRP listed as $159 I think. It seems to have all the features I'm looking for. Pattern is pretty nice too. Problem is, since I haven't been able to do store shopping, I'd be ordering sight unseen and that website charges $25 for returns. I am strapped for cash right now, having been on bedrest and out of work for the last few months... the point of buying there would be to SAVE money...

SO, the question is, is this a grabworthy deal worth taking the chance on? Or am I likely to come up with a comparable or better price from a better store on an equivalent or better seat? Most of the ones I see on sale now are the ones with rear adjust straps, less padding, and gender-specific patterns, though they are considerably less expensive.