PDA

View Full Version : If a child isn't in a carseat/booster...

WolfpackMom
10-19-2010, 06:59 PM
Or even a seat, then in certain states (eg NC) wouldn't a cop be able to do something? Like if they saw a child not buckled isnt that against the law?

Im not sure if this is the right location to post, but I figured a carseat tech might know more about laws having to do with these things. I thought anyone in a car, atleast in my state, needed to have a seatbelt on if in the front seat, and then if in the back under 18 or something need to be buckeled.

I say this because today I stopped at a light and a big van pulls up next to me. Not a minivan, but one of those big vans thats still for family use. There is a kid, maybe 7 years old in the front seat. Then climbing to the back, then jumping around, then standing between the two front seats, then kneeling on the front passenger seat, then standing as the light turned green and his dad pulled away at the light.

I was totally flabbergasted. I am just wondering if a cop had been at that light or something and if they may have been able to do something. I was wondering if the guy was going to pull into daycare with me because I didn't think I would be able to keep my mouth shut. I tried to give some pointed looks from my car while at the light but the dad/driver was on his blackberry! Ugh!

Joolsplus2
10-19-2010, 07:11 PM
Yeah, they should be fined.... http://www.iihs.org/laws/ChildRestraint.aspx