PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about your steam mop ....

Toba
10-20-2010, 09:15 AM
My sister has a Bissell one that she received for Christmas last year from our mother. She said she chose the Bissell over the Shark because the Bissell's mop head swivels and the Shark's doesn't. I'll definitely be using it on the tile floors we have, but is it okay to use on Pergo? I'm dying to get one. Please tell me about your steam mop .....

Also, does anyone have the handheld Shark steam cleaner? Do you like it?

brittone2
10-20-2010, 09:40 AM
:popc1:

Curious about this too as the house we'll likely be moving to has tile...which might push me toward buying one.

elephantmeg
10-20-2010, 09:47 AM
I got the shark pocket mop from costco. I love it. It has 3 different heads which means I can do the kitchen etc with the big one but I have a small one and a triangle for smaller area (camper, bathroom etc). It has an extra long cord

infomama
10-20-2010, 09:48 AM
Lots of Shark lovers round here but our died after about a year and it wasn't that great anyway (didn't get hot enough among other annoyances). I am still on the fence about the Enviro steam. We have LOTS of Pergo.
http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=373009
http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=368614&highlight=eureka

BabyH
10-22-2010, 10:39 PM
The first review gives a GREAT comparison.... in my personal experience, the Shark was just ok - until it got REALLY moldy and I threw it out!

http://www.amazon.com/Eureka-313A-Enviro-Hard-Surface-Steamer/dp/B001LYFBHG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1287801497&sr=8-1

peanut520
10-25-2010, 02:48 PM
i never did get my envirosteamer since i decided to try some super glue first and it worked. so my haan is still going on strong, and i will get the envirosteamer when my haan dies and am considering getting it for my mom for xmas. hated the shark (not pocket mop), i returned 2. cheap flimsy and doesnt heat up enough.

essnce629
10-30-2010, 11:33 PM
I'm about to order this Haan one from Amazon tonight. It gets excellent reviews. I plan on using it on the tile and wood floors in our new house. A lot of people on Amazon complained about the Bissel steam mop ruining the finish on their hardwood floors and that it left their floors really wet, but no complaints like that about the Haan. People said the Haan one dries super fast. I didn't consider the Shark since the reviews aren't very good.

Haan Slim & Light Steam Cleaning Floor Sanitizer and Vapor Steamer, Model SI-35
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001F2G20O

justbreathe11
10-31-2010, 08:45 PM
I got one from Aldis last year and I am too lazy to get up and look at the model, :tongue5: But, I really like it! I think it was around $30-$40 or so. It gets nice & hot, doesn't let too much water out, and came with 2 reusable pads. My mom bought extra pads online for the same mop. We both really like them!

neeleymartin
10-31-2010, 08:52 PM
i just borrowed my sister's shark. it seemed to clean the floors really well. i should tell you that i vacuum a ton, but don't mop/wash the floors nearly as often as i should.

so...it looked clean initially, but my socks are still getting dirty on the bottom. not a little, but way more than they should be considering i just used it. i am happy that the floor is sanitized (or whatever they claim) but it's not dirt free.

i will not be buying one, but i will likely borrow my sisters again as it was relatively quick and the floors look good. hth

MizMojoLaveau
11-23-2010, 02:43 PM
Bumping this post to hopefully get some more opinions. essnce629, how do you like your haan? I am still unclear if steam mops should be used on laminate, though I try to read on their boxes in the store. Some say on "sealed" floors. Does this mean the top of the floor (thus, all laminates would be "sealed") or in between the boards (then I guess laminate would not be sealed). Hope someone can help!

KHF
11-23-2010, 04:58 PM
I asked for and got an Envirosteamer for Christmas last year, in hopes that it would be the answer to cleaning my tile floors (that I hate). My experience was much like the PP though, while I'm sure it did it's job sanitizing...the floors remained dirty. I've resigned myself to the fact that there is no way to get tile like ours clean without scrubbing. (Think used-to-be-white tiles with a texture to them.)

I find myself dreaming of the day we can replace the tile and carpet with real wood floors (not the stupid parquet flooring in the front hallway).