PDA

View Full Version : Tall or Mid-calf length boots & what size?

jenrub
10-20-2010, 04:37 PM
I'm 5'0", 27 wks prego (showing but not overtly huge yet), and contemplating on buying flat riding boots but not sure which length looks good and what size I should get. I like to be able to wear it with leggings/skinny jeans tucked in with a sweater dress/tunic. I've worn mid-calf Uggs & tall boots with heels before getting pregnant and they both look fine. Now that I'm pregnant, I don't know if I'm gonna look like a spider with big tummy & bottoms and short legs. I wear size 6 on no-sock shoes, sandals, and flip flops and 6.5 on sneakers and boots. I would normally get a 6.5 but I've been told that feet swells and they get bigger 1 size up when prego and go back 1/2 size down after but never going back to prepregnancy size which happened to my sis & cousin. As of right now, I still wear the same size/shoes that I have so I dunno if it's gonna change. Both boots I looked at has the same look as this link with different lengths for about $175 each by Cole Haan. Any thoughts or suggestions?

http://www.colehaan.com/colehaan/catalog/product.jsp?catId=100&productId=255351&productGroup=255352&pwpHash=shop,pwp,c-100/hf-10001%2B70016%2B4294967141/ipp-40/pn-3#

groundhog74
10-20-2010, 06:11 PM
Well, I tried on some Cole Haan boots recently in my quest for comfy boots and I must say they were not comfortable at all.

jenrub
10-21-2010, 02:01 PM
Well, I tried on some Cole Haan boots recently in my quest for comfy boots and I must say they were not comfortable at all.

Really!? I tried both of them on at the store and they seem comfortable but I guess that's different from actually having them on for hours/day. I've had a couple of Cole Haan shoes in the past and they were all comfortable and lasted a while so I figured the boots would be the same.

weech
10-21-2010, 02:21 PM
I wore flat slouchy grey boots that were below the knee but above the mid calf for almost my entire pregnancy. They're roomy as-is (so they would fit with thick socks), but they fit throughout the pregnancy as well. Some shoes didn't fit, especially by the end of an 8 hour work day. I think my feet became wider rather than longer. I'm back to my regular size now.

HTH!

jenrub
10-21-2010, 04:11 PM
I wore flat slouchy grey boots that were below the knee but above the mid calf for almost my entire pregnancy. They're roomy as-is (so they would fit with thick socks), but they fit throughout the pregnancy as well. Some shoes didn't fit, especially by the end of an 8 hour work day. I think my feet became wider rather than longer. I'm back to my regular size now.

HTH!

Thanks for the info! Would you mind telling me the brand & style or where you/I can get it? I wanna look into it co'z it seems like a perfect fit regarding type & size.

weech
10-22-2010, 09:14 AM
Thanks for the info! Would you mind telling me the brand & style or where you/I can get it? I wanna look into it co'z it seems like a perfect fit regarding type & size.

Pretty sure I got them from Rack Room Shoes. I'll look at the brand and update when I get home from work today!