PDA

View Full Version : s/o Storage of larger toys for toddler

PMJ
10-20-2010, 10:56 PM
DD just turned 1. I'm predicting that we will be getting a lot of larger toys. where do you store these? UP until now, I was able to put everything in a small bucket in the living room.

thanks!

WatchingThemGrow
10-21-2010, 06:33 AM
:ROTFLMAO: Medium-sized things at our house go on the PBK Cameron Cubbies and Base things. They would go on an Expedit if we had the space for one. We have large toys on the floor, under the DS1's bed, under DS2's crib, and every inch of non-walkway space. If it is a toy that works on top of a trunk or table, it goes there.

It is annoying at first to have large toys all over the place, but it's worse to have toddler and have them getting into your stuff b/c they don't have their own stuff to play with all around the house.

KrisM
10-21-2010, 06:45 AM
Um, I have a train table in my family room :). Seriously, the Expedit is very good for a lot of stuff. DD has dollhouse stuff on a coffee table and bins of the parts underneath. Things that are stand at to play, are just on the floor against a wall when not in use. When I had just DS1, our house was much smaller and there was no place for good storage or a way to rotate things around. If we were in this house, I think I would have rotated things in and out of the basement. But, we got here and had DD and then DS2, so we have stuff every where.

My current favorite though, is one DS1 came up with - our FP Laugh and Learn home is currently stored in teh doorway of our play room. They have to crawl through the door opening of the toy to get inside the playroom :).

PAfirsttimemom
10-21-2010, 01:56 PM
My current favorite though, is one DS1 came up with - our FP Laugh and Learn home is currently stored in teh doorway of our play room. They have to crawl through the door opening of the toy to get inside the playroom :).

Great idea! Ours is shoved in the back of our playroom too close to a bookcase and our train table, so everything is cramped.