PDA

View Full Version : Williams Sonoma F & F sale?

Corie
10-22-2010, 08:13 AM
A friend of mine was told by a Williams Sonoma employee that their Friends & Family
sale is coming up in a few weeks. I called the store and they claim to have no
idea what I'm talking about. (I called the same store that my friend went to.)

Have you heard anything about a Williams Sonoma F&F sale?

Thanks!!

marymoo86
10-22-2010, 10:19 AM
Williams Sonoma owns Pottery Barn and their F&F sale was last weekend. Would have thought it would be the same time frame.

Corie
10-22-2010, 11:21 AM
Williams Sonoma owns Pottery Barn and their F&F sale was last weekend. Would have thought it would be the same time frame.

Yes, you would think so! But it wasn't!

Corie
10-28-2010, 10:06 AM
Has anyone heard anything about it?

alien_host
10-28-2010, 10:14 AM
Has anyone heard anything about it?

I haven't and I asked over the summer if the did F&F and the sales person told me they didn't. After all these years I don't remember W-S having a F&F sale, which is strange.....

OK curiosity got me and I called my store and the manager answered. She said they do not do F&F and admitted it was strange since PB/PBK does.

She did say to sign up for the e-mail alerts b/c they have recently been doing 20% off certain types of items (this week it is Star Wars, pancake mixes and breakfast related items).

I did find this in my e-mail:

COMPLIMENTARY TECHNIQUE CLASSES
Attend one of our classes and enjoy 10% savings* on same-day purchases from our stores. Each hour-long class is dedicated to a specific topic led by one of our culinary experts. Class size is limited, so reserve your space today.
COMPLIMENTARY DEMONSTRATIONS
Regularly scheduled demonstrations focus on seasonal foods and entertaining. Demonstrations do not require reservations.
*Times and dates may vary – please call your local store to confirm specific times and days.
Discount excludes All-Clad, Beaba, Riedel, Staub, Shun, Skybar, Vitamix, Wüsthof, Zwilling. Offer does not apply to sale items.

The technique classes are on Sun/Mon at 11am...and are Free and I've been before and they are intersting and I don't recall the discount before.
HTH.