PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE #14. What do you think of these Merrell sandals?

crl
10-23-2010, 11:44 AM
UPDATE in post 14

I'm looking for a very comfortable pair sandals for WDW. I'm not a tennis shoe person and wear sandals pretty much anytime it is above freezing (so year round where I live now).

I have a some what wide foot and generally find Keens, Merrells, Eccos and Borns comfortable. Clarks don't work on my feet for some reason.

What do you think of this pair?

http://www.onlineshoes.com/womens-merrell-aster-bungee-p_id176866

If you like it, bungee or black? And what color do you think bungee is? Gray/tan/greige? I already am taking along a red pair of sandals so this pair should be a more plain neutral.

Other suggestions?

Thanks!
Catherine

SnuggleBuggles
10-23-2010, 11:47 AM
I like them. They are like the Merrell's I wear on long outings. I would get the neutral ones but I dislike black sandals. I think that they are almost a nickle colored metallic but dull?

Beth

Indianamom2
10-23-2010, 04:27 PM
I like them. I would go with the Bungee color and it looks to me like it's a light tan/beige/sand color. Very neutral.

SammyeGail
10-23-2010, 05:46 PM
I like those type of shoes, I like the Bungee color, I agree, its one of those hard to describe colors, looks more tan than gray. Personally I don't like that style in black either.

Have you ever tried Chacos? Thats what these remind me of. Looks like the Merrells would have a more comfortable footbed than Chacos.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

mom2binsd
10-23-2010, 05:50 PM
I'm not sure those would have enough support for all day walking etc...

I hate tennis shoes too, and almost always wear sandals with heels/wedges, even my flip flops have a wedge heel and I hate frumpy shoes...

I bought these at the beginning of the summer for traveling and going to Seaworlds, Zoo's etc...they are super cute on, my feet which are normally sweaty don't sweat and they have plenty of support.

They look cute with capris and shorts too.

http://www.6pm.com/skechers-sassies-fanfare-black

cleo27
10-23-2010, 09:40 PM
I have those sandals in black - wore them all summer! I love them and got compliments on them. They are casual, but not too casual, iykwim. I think they are nice and the footbed is comfortable for walking.

Have fun in WDW!

crl
10-24-2010, 12:12 AM
Thank you all! I'm going to sleep on it.

Catherine

hillview
10-24-2010, 08:02 AM
Personally lots of thin straps are likely to cause my feet blisters etc. They are cute! Enjoy WDW!
/hillary

WatchingThemGrow
10-24-2010, 08:16 AM
I live in Merrells. THAT style, OTOH, was too tight across the front part of my foot. I couldn't buy them because they were uncomfortable, sadly.

crl
10-25-2010, 12:12 AM
Well, despite the mixed reviews here I went ahead and ordered them. They had mostly great reviews at Zappos and other places and Merrells have been really goos for me in the past. I went for the Bungee. Wish me luck!

Thanks everyone!
Catherine

WatchingThemGrow
10-25-2010, 12:19 AM
I bet they will work for you. My foot is just weird! They are really cute!

DrSally
10-25-2010, 12:21 AM
Like them. Like the Bungee color. The only thing I would be concerned about would be the thin straps cutting in. But, I have a wide, fleshy foot--attractive!

AnnieW625
10-25-2010, 11:09 AM
For Merrells they are cute. I usually don't care for the earth style of sandal.

crl
10-30-2010, 10:16 PM
UPDATE

They came yesterday. I wore them today for about 2 miles of walking, plus an hour and a half at a science museum. They are comfortable! I would describe the color as a warm gray.

Thanks everyone,
Catherine