PDA

View Full Version : Do I have enough food?

Fairy
10-23-2010, 01:26 PM
One more thread (I think this is the last) on the Halloween Party I'm having. I'm suddenly panicking that I don't have enough food. The munchies are stuffed grape leaves, shrimp, veggies & dip, chips, spinach dip, and little spring rolls. The dessert is coming from others (and I'm really worried since I am not providing much there but the frickin' marshmellows (see other thread). But the main dishes I'm panicking on ... are they enough. 22 people or so are coming, some kids, and the main dishes are Chili, 1 large vegie lasagna from costco, and meatballs. DH says if we don't have enough we'll order pizza. But ... that feels weird to me. Do I have enough food? Maybe I should do a mac & cheese ...

SnuggleBuggles
10-23-2010, 01:28 PM
More than enough!

Beth

Jo..
10-23-2010, 01:41 PM
Sounds like enough to me, but when in doubt, make Mac N cheese. I'm hungry. If my family came we would eat you out of house and home.

vludmilla
10-23-2010, 02:05 PM
Sounds like plenty to me. We had a party of that size in August and I swear we were eating leftovers for more than a week.

JTsMom
10-23-2010, 02:07 PM
I think that's a ton of food, but I might be a little concerned about the kid-friendliness. I think the mac and cheese would be a good safety net for that reason.

bubbaray
10-23-2010, 02:47 PM
OK, where is my invite? Seriously, that is a LOT of food.

I agree with Lori, though, that you might want to add/sub some more basic/kid friendly stuff.

I feel so inadequate. For our Halloween "party" (I'm calling it a pre-ToTg pizza dinner, actually, not a party), all I'm supplying is pizza. And possibly beer for the parents. I'll do some loot bags for the kids, but no dessert or anything -- I mean, they are going to make a haul of candy, I don't think they need dessert. My thoughts would be different if our party was a substitute for ToTg, though.

Fairy
10-23-2010, 03:03 PM
I'm dumb. What is ToTg?

I am really in a panic over the kid food. I am going back to the store for mac and cheese. I wonder if they'll have it at home depot, as I need to get there for the hangers for the countdown calendar and string for ... don't ask.

Green_Tea
10-23-2010, 03:05 PM
Do you live near a Whole Foods? In the prepared food section they sell large family size trays of mac&cheese. Not the cheapest option, but it's super tasty and just requires heating up!

bubbaray
10-23-2010, 03:06 PM
I'm dumb. What is ToTg?

Trick or Treating -- b/c I'm too lazy to type it out.

I would do pizza -- as in Little Caesars or Pizza Hut or similar, plain, pizza. My kids much prefer plain cheese pizza from Little Caesars.

Jo..
10-23-2010, 05:40 PM
ACK! Don't do Little Caesars! We tried that a couple weeks ago and even the dogs wouldn't eat it, and they eat lint, dirt, rocks, and hair. We wound up throwing 7.25 slices in the trash.

A plain cheese pie from a decent Pizzeria or heat and eat Mac & cheese would both be great options.

Jo..
10-23-2010, 06:17 PM
No offense to you Bubbaray...maybe the LC here is just bad.

Twoboos
10-23-2010, 07:13 PM
You have plenty of food!! I am always in the "Do I have enough food" state when I have a thing. I know it's my Italian coming through. And then we have like a whole fridge worth of leftovers. ;)

Have a blast, everything sounds GREAT!!

DietCokeLover
10-23-2010, 08:29 PM
If you need easy for the kids, go by chic fil a and get a small nugget tray or something. They'll probably love that.

bubbaray
10-23-2010, 09:09 PM
ACK! Don't do Little Caesars! We tried that a couple weeks ago and even the dogs wouldn't eat it, and they eat lint, dirt, rocks, and hair. We wound up throwing 7.25 slices in the trash.

YMMV I guess. Ours is super clean, the schools & daycares do field trips there in the mornings. They are really nice and the kids like it.

Fairy
10-24-2010, 01:28 AM
U guys were right, I had enough. I did make two boxes of mac and cheese, and it got eaten all up! Overall, tho, I was not put together this year. This was not the best idea. But it went ok. Will do better next year.

Next up, hanukkah party, and that one's gonna go very well. Planning already.

Thanks for the reassurance on the food.