PDA

View Full Version : Can Robeez Be Washed...

Indianamom2
10-23-2010, 03:40 PM
And if so, how? Is it ok to throw them in the washer?

Please tell me they can be washed and aren't ruined!

nrp
10-23-2010, 04:04 PM
I'm not sure if its officially recommended, but I recall throwing my kids in the wash, on gentle. Don't dry them, though!

MommyAllison
10-23-2010, 04:34 PM
Yes, they can be washed in the washing machine! I've even run them through the dryer with no problems (they can get a little crunchy air-drying). My only issue I've had is that a pair of navy blue Robeez bled all over the rest of the load - I've had it happen to a lesser degree with a maroon pair. So toss in a color catcher with the bold colored pairs. :)

Carrots
10-23-2010, 04:36 PM
I have washed Robeez before. The first time they accidentally found their way into DD's laundry basket and went through with the clothes on a warm regular cycle. I found them and took them out while loading the dryer (they take a long time to air dry). They turned out fine. However, the soles never cleaned up like new. Once they are dirty looking, they stay dirty looking.

HTH!

Uno-Mom
10-23-2010, 04:42 PM
Wow - thanks so much for asking this question. I was wondering myself.

Canna
10-23-2010, 05:09 PM
I would put them in a lingerie bag and wash them with the regular kid laundry, then air-dry them. They generally washed up really well.

In between washings, I also would spot clean them with a baby wipe to keep them looking cleaner.

SammyeGail
10-23-2010, 05:35 PM
I never had Robeez, but I had Bobux that were supposed to be machine washable, if I remember correctley :confused:. They were washed a few times. The damage it did was chip off the color around the toe and heel area. The bottoms did not clean up that well in the washer.

I found using a mild detergent (mine is Dawn), hot water and a medium toothbrush is a good cleaner. You can scrub that toothbrush on the inside too. I buy cheap toothbrushes just for cleaning shoes, its difficult to find 'hard' ones :(. You can get the bottoms cleaner this way. The bottoms will be stiff when dry, but I softened them up by brushing them with an old fingernail brush, or a suede shoe brush. Bought a cheap kit at Target.

We have a rectangle table in our bathroom, it has a lower shelf that is 'open', it has a lattice work look to it. It sits over our air vent. Thats where I put washable shoes to dry, like Hanna Mocs. If you can elevate them a bit over an air vent (some kind of shelving) they dry alot faster that way.

Thats what I do! I also have some leather conditioner I add to leather shoes after cleaning them, maybe I go a bit overboard, lol, but they look nice.