PDA

View Full Version : Geotrax - Hard to find?

swrc00
10-23-2010, 09:14 PM
My mom bought DS a Geotrax set for his birthday. I have been looking for additional pieces and haven't had any luck at any local stores. Walmart doesn't carry it and Target only seems to carry the CARS line. Toys R' Us seems to have a lot on line, but not many destinations. There is quite a bit on Ebay, but I would like to see the things in person. I am wondering if Fisher Price is phasing it out because of the new Thomas line. Has it always been this hard to find Geotrax pieces or am I just not looking in the right places?

elephantmeg
10-23-2010, 09:24 PM
hmm. I've always found quite a bit at toys r us, some at target and occasionally some at walmart (more during the holidays I think). Previous years costco has had a set but I don't see it this year. Oh and Kohls ususally has the smaller sets and often has sales on them (the only sales I generally see). We buy extra track on ebay (likes when DH bought 50 stantions (the things that sit under roads to make them elevated). We've also gotten some track sets along the way.

SnuggleBuggles
10-23-2010, 10:00 PM
I've seen plenty of variety at Target and TRU around me. Especially TRU- huge selection when I was there 3 days ago. FisherPrice.com is a great place to shop too.

Beth

hellokitty
10-23-2010, 11:15 PM
Kohl's carries it too. I think the hard part about geotraxx is that different stores seem to carry different sets. Sometimes there seem to be certain sets made only for certain stores (ie: TRU). Also, geotrax seems to discontinue things rather quickly. It would be worth your while to check craigslist or ebay to find more pieces.

dhano923
10-24-2010, 02:27 PM
We've always gotten ours from TRU.

SnuggleBuggles
10-24-2010, 07:07 PM
Oh! And KMart is a great place to find older pieces, at least here. They have all sorts of random Geotrax at the one near me.

Beth

swrc00
10-24-2010, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the heads up! I was hoping to avoid Toys R' Us. My local store is so dirty. I will have to cave and go check it out. I don't have Kmart and the Kohls closest to me didn't have any. Thanks for the suggestions though. I will have my mom check out her Kmart and I will keep checking Kohls.

MacMacMoo
10-24-2010, 11:01 PM
There honestly hasn't been a great many in stores in general. We got a few sets to test the waters for SqueekMoo. Once we realized how much he liked them we did some research and went on ebay. but being that things are gearing up for the holiday season most bulk seats will get bidded through the roof.

nov04
10-25-2010, 12:05 AM
We find ours at TRU.