PDA

View Full Version : What should I get for my FIL 65th bday?

sewarsh
10-23-2010, 09:42 PM
The man needs nothing, wants nothing.

He really only has a couple of hobbies...Harley, but has/needs no more Harley stuff and reading on his Kindle and going to the movies.

Of course, I could do the typical gift certificate for dinner, movies, etc. but hoping for any other ideas.

Thanks!

infomama
10-23-2010, 09:47 PM
Tickets to a game/concert?

elephantmeg
10-23-2010, 10:25 PM
amazon GC to feed his kindle? That's what I really wanted this year and didn't get

crayonblue
10-24-2010, 05:00 PM
For the past few years, we have been giving MIL and FIL gifts in their names to World Vision. You could pick any charity. The first time we did this, I wasn't sure how they would feel. FIL specifically commented several times that he appreciated the gift.

I suppose you could try it once and see how your FIL reacts! :)

misshollygolightly
10-24-2010, 05:33 PM
How about a magazine subscription or two for his Kindle? Not sure what all he might be most interested in, but there are tons of news magazines (Time, Newsweek, etc.) plus stuff like Wired available for Kindle.

Here's a Kindle book about Harleys (never heard of it, but the reviews look good): http://www.amazon.com/Old-Man-Harley-Through-ebook/dp/B001GIOFUQ/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1287955818&sr=1-5

nmosur
10-24-2010, 09:46 PM
How about throwing him a 65th birthday party and inviting all his friends. I know this doesn't fall in the getting him a gift category. You could do a Harley themed party.

GonnaBeNana
10-24-2010, 09:59 PM
How about a "memory book?" You could put photos, newspaper articles from various years, kid's art work, letters from family members, etc. We did this for my FIL's 80's and he was speechless! He said it was the best gift he'd ever received and considered it priceless.

Beth