PDA

View Full Version : Giants!!!!

citymama
10-24-2010, 12:03 AM
World Series here we come!!!

Thrilled as I am I wish my neighbors would tone down the celebrations just a tad. Sleeping babies and all that.

Vamos Gigantes!!!

(Sorry Phillies fans!)

Laurel
10-24-2010, 12:13 AM
Yep, it's pretty loud here too!

Go Giants!

crl
10-24-2010, 12:15 AM
DS and DH got to go to one of the earlier playoff games. DS is now riveted!

GO GIANTS!

Catherine

LexyLou
10-24-2010, 12:20 AM
:bighand::bighand::bighand::bighand::jammin:

WAHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can finally breathe...until Wednesday!

Go Giants!!!

lcarlson90
10-24-2010, 12:38 AM
I am excited too! I graduated high school with Freddy Sanchez. I am very excited for him and his family.

giavila
10-24-2010, 01:28 AM
wooohoo! It's been so exciting! Dh is going to WS game 2 and he is so excited he can't contain himself : ) :cheerleader1:

LexyLou
10-24-2010, 01:57 AM
wooohoo! It's been so exciting! Dh is going to WS game 2 and he is so excited he can't contain himself : ) :cheerleader1:

Jealous! DH went to Game 4 of the playoffs and we have friends going to game 6 of the WS but tickets are now going for $1K each!

I think we're planning on going and hanging out at Momo's or Pete's Tavern during Game 1 or 2, so we can at least be apart of the fever!

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
10-24-2010, 02:13 AM
Bumbee says "fear the beard". LET'S GO GIANTS, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap!

We were at the WS game where my former love, JT Snow (replaced by Posey) ,rescued Warren Baker. These are the times I miss living in the Bay Area!

giavila
10-24-2010, 02:15 AM
wow that's crazy. Dh bought his ticket on Thursday morning and he paid $400. It's his early birthday/xmas present and he's going with his brother. :)

LexyLou
10-24-2010, 02:16 AM
Just saying JT Snow makes me shiver...now that's a good looking man.

We were at a Fall Festival today with trick or treating and the best costume was a 10 year old boy wearing a Giants jersey and the big black beard. AWESOME!

kwc
10-24-2010, 03:09 AM
Just saying JT Snow makes me shiver...now that's a good looking man.

We were at a Fall Festival today with trick or treating and the best costume was a 10 year old boy wearing a Giants jersey and the big black beard. AWESOME!

I am totally stealing this for my 4 y/o who has not been able to commit to a costume!

Fear the Beard! Wooooooo!

citymama
10-24-2010, 03:12 AM
I think we're planning on going and hanging out at Momo's or Pete's Tavern during Game 1 or 2, so we can at least be apart of the fever!

Wait, are you in SF? I didn't think anyone could get NEAR MoMo's this week!

citymama
10-24-2010, 03:16 AM

We saw a LOT of Giants costumes at a Halloween party we went to today, including a couple of mini-Wilsons. FEAR THE BEARD, Texas!

Melaine
10-24-2010, 06:45 AM
Oh thank goodness. This happened last night, right? I must have been asleep! DH will be SO happy!

bandgsmama
10-24-2010, 07:10 AM
i'm gonna be a loner here & cheer for the phillies. my grandpa likes them so much, he named his son after a player at that time! so go phillies!

heatherlynn
10-24-2010, 08:26 AM
Go Giants!! (you can take the girl out of California, but you can't take the Giants out of the girl...)

gcc2k
10-24-2010, 11:02 AM
I'm just glad the Yankees aren't playing in the World Series! (Better run and hide from all you NY fans.)

LexyLou
10-24-2010, 11:43 AM
Wait, are you in SF? I didn't think anyone could get NEAR MoMo's this week!

We're outside of the City, but DH grew up in SF.

MoMo's was crazy packed, we're trying to make a reservation now.

Pete's Tavern is a good alternative since it's a little further away but it's still going to be packed!

The last time the Giants went to the World Series we were on our honeymoon in Fiji and this was before T1 lines. We had to get on dial up in a little bure to check the score! LOL!

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
10-24-2010, 04:37 PM
I LOVE Snow... Sigh, but Buster Posey? He's my new Snow.I used to have a Snow keychain, but it broke off. I heart him.

kijip
10-24-2010, 05:23 PM
I rooted for the Rangers to beat the Yankees and now will root for the Giants to beat the Rangers. such is the bizarre hierarchy of affection for non-local teams. FWIW I would have rooted for the Phillies had they been the ones to face the Rangers.

AnnieW625
10-25-2010, 11:40 AM
I LOVE Snow... Sigh, but Buster Posey? He's my new Snow.I used to have a Snow keychain, but it broke off. I heart him.

No one I don't think will ever be able to replace JT Snow in my books.

I am happy for the Giants, and can't wait for Wednesday. I haven't been this excited for the Giants in maybe 10 yrs. (they got rid of all of my favorites at the wrong time; the list is long so I will save you the agony) as I have been a hard core Angels fan since the mid 90s.

I have always thought I had the best of both worlds when I got to route for JT Snow first as an Angel, then as a Giant. I remember the Darren Baker incident, jease that was scary.

DH isn't much into baseball, but we both commented that the pitching is going to be great. I love that pitchers, esp. closers are about the quirkiest people on earth. Despite the beard I like Brian Wilson (nice backside).

My dad who has been a life long Dodger fan was even pulling for the Giants.

rlu
10-25-2010, 01:19 PM
DS was practically incoherent after the game Saturday night. We banished his t-ball Phillies hat and jersey to the closet when the series first started.

Anyone else think of the Ballad of Badbeard when they see Wilson? Seriously, I appreciate his talent, but the beard, I don't get it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N3HYTgT4OU

Mikey0709
10-25-2010, 01:57 PM
Your not alone bandgsmama - - another Philly girl here.... but it was a good game and we played hard! No sore loser here - - -

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
10-27-2010, 07:43 PM
Our Father who art in San Francisco...Baseball
be thy game. Thy will be done. The NL Division will be won. On the
field, as well as in the bullpen. Give us this day our bat and glove,
and forgive us for our errors, as we forgive those who home run against
us. Lead us not into defeat, but help us BEAT TEXAS.In the name ...of
...the Fans, Buster Posey and the Giants.!!!!!...Amen.

I love hearing Renee from KMEL, old school announce the starting line-up!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GIANTS!

JamiMac
10-27-2010, 07:50 PM
No way! GO RANGERS!!!! :bighand::yay:

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
10-27-2010, 07:54 PM
Make the Ranger's BLEED BLUE, just like the DODGERS!!!!!!!! And give em' a BLACK eye! Orange is THE color of October! :) FEAR THE BEARD!

lchang25000
10-27-2010, 07:55 PM
No way! GO RANGERS!!!! :bighand::yay:

:yeahthat: I'll always be a Texas gal in heart :D

I had no idea that the Rangers were even in the Finals until they won and I'm from Texas (lived there for 20 years)! :rotflmao: Not a fan of baseball AT ALL, but GO RANGERS!!! :jammin:

10-27-2010, 08:27 PM
Go Giants!! DH is an A's fan but SF has a much more kid-friendly stadium so it's my adopted team. I'll always love the Cardinals (I'm from StL) but I love my team of misfits.

Even my 18 month old is obsessed. Any time she's sees baseball on tv, she says Go Guh uns!

Christine W

katydid1971
10-27-2010, 08:32 PM
Go Giants!!!!!!! :yay:

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
10-27-2010, 11:55 PM
Anyone else having Texas BBQ for dinner tonight! Game "won" done!:cheerleader1:

citymama
10-28-2010, 12:09 AM
Our Father who art in San Francisco...Baseball
be thy game. Thy will be done. The NL Division will be won. On the
field, as well as in the bullpen. Give us this day our bat and glove,
and forgive us for our errors, as we forgive those who home run against
us. Lead us not into defeat, but help us BEAT TEXAS.In the name ...of
...the Fans, Buster Posey and the Giants.!!!!!...Amen.

I love hearing Renee from KMEL, old school announce the starting line-up!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GIANTS!

Yeah Giants!!!! That was some game! Might as well give up now, Texas.

City Hall is lit up in bright orange this evening. Pretty much everyone
is in Giants gear. DD's craft project at school today involved decorating their fake beards!:hysterical: And you saw my other post about my neighbor's cat...Giants fever!

LexyLou
10-28-2010, 12:09 AM
Crushed them!

giavila
10-28-2010, 12:14 AM
That was awesome!! :jammin: (We need a smilie with a beard!)

citymama
10-28-2010, 11:38 PM
Woo-hoo again! Darn it though, my kids are never going to be able to sleep with this racket!

crl
10-29-2010, 12:02 AM
Wow, go Giants!

Catherine

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
10-29-2010, 01:53 AM
Did y'all enjoy tonight's episode of "WALKer" Texas Rangers? I have never seen so many walks in the WS!:jammin:

SHUT OUT!

citymama
11-02-2010, 12:58 AM
World Series Champions!! :cheerleader1:

The city is craaazy and all orange and black tonight. All the downtown buildings including City Hall are lit in orange and black. Total excitement.

Here's a fun celebration song from Michael Franti and Spearhead that my DD enjoyed dancing to tonight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IbMy6qJkGY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

GIANTS!!!!

Melaine
11-02-2010, 08:02 AM
WOOOHOOOO!!!!! DH was so happy last night, I thought he was going to cry.

Momit
11-02-2010, 10:57 AM
Yeah giants!!!!!