PDA

View Full Version : What should DD wear under her Halloween costume to keep warm?

daisymommy
10-24-2010, 08:16 AM
DD is going to be Tinkerbell for Halloween.
I need some layers underneath her costume to keep her warm(er).

http://www.target.com/Tinkerbell-Fairy-Rescue-Costume-Child/dp/B003M63UZG/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_1

I was thinking skin tone tights and l/s leotard like dancers wear. What do you think?

But I also don't know where to look. If I could find these things at Target/Walmart, then great. But I'm assuming that if I go to a dance shop they will be more expensive. I'm not about to spend another $30-$40 on items she will only be wearing for one night, that would just be a total waste. Unfortunately, I waited so long to think about the fact that she needed something to wear under it, it's too late to order something online.

She does have white tights already, I guess they wouldn't look terrible underneath if that was all I could find. But what about on her arms?

Thanks!

egoldber
10-24-2010, 08:21 AM
I always layer costumes like that over a long sleeve white t-shirt or even a long sleeve jacket. I also just put leggings in a coordinating color under the costume. It can be really cold on Halloween and in the dark, people can't really see it anyway.

daisymommy
10-24-2010, 08:32 AM
Hee-hee, thanks Beth. That's exactly what I was thinking of doing (l/s white tee), but I wasn't sure if it would look goofy and "wrong". But I do already have a l/s white tee, and very thick white tights, so quite warm.

elephantmeg
10-24-2010, 08:52 AM
my walmart has dancing stuff and I got DD some tights from there to wear. She has a long sleeve compression shirt she can wear (looks very much like a l/s leotard) so I figure they'll match. She's going as cinderella

sunshine873
10-24-2010, 09:02 AM
I think you're on the right track. A long sleeve white T (the tighter, the better, so it doesn't interfere with the "flowy" costume & white tights. My DD is going as a ladybug, so we're doing the exact same thing, only with black. Easy to find, and she'll wear them over and over again after Halloween too.

KrisM
10-24-2010, 09:06 AM
I got DD a white pair of sweat pants and a white hoodie to wear under costumes. It works pretty well. I'm in MI and at times it's quite cold.