PDA

View Full Version : Calling Crafty Moms: Costume Help

pinkmomagain
10-24-2010, 09:06 AM
DD3 has been changing her mind as often as she changes her underwear about what to be for halloween. She is refusing to wear the beautiful Rapunzel dress that grandma bought for her (and she picked out herself!) at the Disney store. Strawberry Shortcake is sold out. She is now saying Princess Leia from Star Wars.

I'm thinking maybe I can make this???? I'm thinking I can maybe work with some white pillowcases to make this happen. Or if I can find a white hoodie somewhere...that can be used for the top. Any advice? BTDT? I don't have a sewing machine, but I can hand sew and my mom has a sewing machine.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

JTsMom
10-24-2010, 09:37 AM
nak- i think i'd either use a twin sized sheet, a white turtleneck plus a illowcase, or an angel costume w/a belt added (which would be really easy to sew, but sewing is rarely cheaper than buying). the key for leia is the hair though- do you have a plan for that?

pinkmomagain
10-24-2010, 09:58 AM
I think she has hair long enough to at make two buns on the side (not very big ones, mind you). I like that idea of the turtleneck....I'm just wondering if she'll tolerate a turtleneck?? Hmmm......