PDA

View Full Version : Crafts as Christmas gift for 8 yo DD?

Elilly
10-24-2010, 05:53 PM
DD is at the in-between age where she's not really wanting toys but she's not too into clothes and electronics either. So, I was thinking lots of crafts for Christmas. At first, I thought that a sewing machine could be a good idea. Then, I realized that I would be of absolutely no assistance and it could just be a major frustration for both of us. So, any other ideas for an 8 yo? Thanks.

LMPC
10-24-2010, 10:03 PM
First, I think this is an awesome idea! Second, I am not sure I am going to be any *real* help ;)

The things that came to my mind were....does she have a place to do crafts? If not, then maybe part of the gift could be that sort of set up. Also, what about craft projects that she could do with friends? So maybe 2 or 3 of the same kit from Michaels so that she could invite some friends over.

Alright, sorry but that's all I got. :tongue5:

mousemom
10-31-2010, 10:15 PM
Around that age, my grandmother taught me to cross-stitch with a simple kit. Also, I know that people on here have recommended the Klutz craft books.

sunriseiz
11-09-2010, 04:53 PM
My dd just turned 7 and got a lot of craft kits for her birthday and LOVES them. All of them...even the simple ones. So, I think it's a great idea! If you have a JoAnn's close, they have lots of kits to get started with for simple hand sewing, latch hook rugs, pottery, jewelry making, scrabbooking, etc. I am sure Michael's or ACMoore is similar. They also have classes for kids, so you might be able to give her a class.

HTH!