PDA

View Full Version : Christmas/holiday gifts for my sisters and a few friends...

MamaKath
10-24-2010, 09:09 PM
I want to get something for my sisters and sister in laws for Christmas. I am at a bit of a loss. All of us have more than we need, and trying to come up with something beyond a bottle of booze or a gift cert to dinner is difficult! I was looking at the 31 catalog (http://catalog.thirtyonegifts.com/WebProject.asp?BookCode=nyt10flx&from=2#) for some ideas. A friend is selling it, so trying to help her out also by putting an order in. I really am liking their stuff after having ordered a bit to try. I was thinking since most of us are working outside the home and i have found that for health/financial reasons more people seem to bring lunch to work that maybe a nice lunch tote. Then I was trying to think beyond just a simple lunch tote and thought that maybe it would be fun to have personalized lunch totes since we all have very unusually spelled names. Is that too cheesy for a grown-up? Any other thoughts or ideas?

TIA~

swrc00
10-24-2010, 09:27 PM
I just had a 31 gifts party. I love the lunch boxes! I am a teacher and many of us have the lunch boxes with a single initial. I think it is a useful and a very thoughtful gift. The organizing utility tote is awesome too. It is the special for the month. Spend $31 and get it for $5.

MamaKath
10-25-2010, 08:01 PM
I just had a 31 gifts party. I love the lunch boxes! I am a teacher and many of us have the lunch boxes with a single initial. I think it is a useful and a very thoughtful gift. The organizing utility tote is awesome too. It is the special for the month. Spend $31 and get it for $5.
Thanks for your response! I think I will go ahead with the lunchbox idea. I have to decide between just an initial and the name. The utility tote is an amazing deal for $5 too! Our school PTL gave them for teacher appreciation week to all the teachers and they have been amazing!!! I love mine!!! I think maybe my mom will need a matched set of lunchbox and tote. ;)

vonfirmath
10-25-2010, 10:54 PM
As an adult, I'd prefer an initial. It seems elegant instead of cheesy.

dukie41181
10-25-2010, 11:10 PM
As an adult, I'd prefer an initial. It seems elegant instead of cheesy.

Agreed.

DrSally
10-25-2010, 11:27 PM
I like the lunchbox idea with initials! One year, I got my sis a silver bird/tree jewlery tree, since she always dumps her jewlery in a drawer. It was $17 at Marshalls, and later I saw it in the Red Envelope catalog. I also like monogramed velvet jewlery rolls, Red Envelope has monogramed silver filigre compacts that are so pretty.

swrc00
10-26-2010, 09:08 PM
I have the larger 31 Gifts lunch box and it just has my single initial.

MamaKath
11-02-2010, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the ideas ladies! I ended up ordering a few things not monogrammed, a couple things with a single initial, and a couple with a whole name. I solved the which one problem for a couple by just asking. I figured that way I am getting something useful or looking elsewhere. I am actually going to order a couple more things in a few weeks too as gifts. The special this month is a free zippered pouch with a $31 purchase. I figure one for dc's allergy stuff with dc's name on it is in order, lol.

Anyway, wanted to share my gratitude!!! :signthankspin: