PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy sleeper sofa?

nrp
10-24-2010, 10:12 PM
I am looking to buy a queen sleeper sofa for our infrequently used living room. I need it to be comfortable because my parents will be sleeping on it when they visit a few times a year. Traditional styling. Nothing on Costco.com, so I was looking for some good ideas rather than breaking down and hitting PB or Crate & Barrel or Restoration Hardware.

MacMacMoo
10-24-2010, 10:58 PM
We don't have one. I know Lazy Boys sells them.

We did learn a neat trick of if you do get one. Have an inflatable bed in a bag to put on it when it's in bed form. The sofa bed support will provided stucture and the air mattress with add more comfort ontop of what the bed of the sofa has.

kwc
10-24-2010, 11:20 PM
We have a queen sleeper with an AirDream inflatable sleeper mattress that we had made from Carolinachair.com (it had to go through small door and upstairs so we needed custom dimensions). Normally I hate sofabed mattresses but this one has 4 or 5 inches of springs covered by 5-6 inches of inflated air mattress... our visiting in-laws raved and they are thinking of getting one for their house... it's SO much better than the futon we had. We had considered just getting a couch for that room and using an Aerobed but I don't think the room would fit both, and I was worried about my older in-laws getting in and out of the Aerobed (stability-wise).

http://www.carolinachair.com/sleepers.html

They were very easy to work with. I do think LaZ-Boy has a similar product, and I know that AirDream sells the mattress to retrofit existing sofabeds.

I swear, I don't work for them.

Tondi G
10-24-2010, 11:40 PM
My sister has this sofa bed from IKEA and it isn't a traditional style with a fold out mattress it pops up and fills out. It is actually quite comfortable.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20126094

fumofu
10-25-2010, 03:22 AM
We have a queen sleeper from Room & Board with an air coil mattress. I guess that's like putting the air mattress on top of the coil one!