PDA

View Full Version : What kind of "finishing-up" person are you?

Twoboos
10-25-2010, 09:11 AM
OK, I didn't know what to call this. But I mean when you have to get something done, are you more likely to stay up late to do it, or try to do it in the morning. Or you're so organized you get it done on time. :ROTFLMAO:

Poll coming...

I am more of a stay up late person. Like I will be up late picking up the house for the cleaners the next day, knowing I will not be able to get it done in the morning, even if I get up early. Or I will stay up late packing for a trip, while DH will do it in the morning (which leads to disastrous delays, he has yet to realize he can't "just pack quick in the morning").

pinkmomagain
10-25-2010, 09:19 AM
Other...I'll do little things here and there leading up to, but then rush to finish the next morning. For some reason, I seem to do better when I leave things until the last minute. I was like this with writing papers for college too.

hillview
10-25-2010, 09:31 AM
I voted am. I will work to a point at night and then go to sleep and wake up at 4 or 5 to finish it up. I am a last minute person.
/hillary

Bens Momma
10-25-2010, 09:48 AM
I try to be organized and do a little at a time to avoid the last minute rush, but............no matter what I always seem to be scrambling to get things done at the last minute. I think it's because I'm a perfectionist and trick myself into thinking I have extra time to do more than I need to. Does that make sense? Ie. packing for vacation: I'll make organized lists for myself and the kids, start doing laundry, setting things aside, etc way ahead but somehow I'm always up too late the night before we leave cleaning, straightening, finishing last minute details! DH always makes comments about why I'm not ready for things on time and how he doesn't understand it cause I seem to be organized and have things under control :shrug:??? I'd much rather stay up as long as it takes because leaving it until the morning makes me too nervous that I won't be able to get it all done or something unexpected will come up at the last minute. I'm the queen of lists and planning, but somehow it doesn't seem to help me!

infocrazy
10-25-2010, 10:47 AM
I voted PM...because I KNOW that I will not get up as early as I need to in the morning...

daisymommy
10-25-2010, 11:17 AM
I'm a night owl by nature (but becoming less so now that my kids exhaust me by the end of the day ;)). But mornings? I hate them with a passion. So you can't pay me enough to get up earlier than I already do!

ewpmsw
10-25-2010, 11:32 AM
Other...I'll do little things here and there leading up to, but then rush to finish the next morning. For some reason, I seem to do better when I leave things until the last minute. I was like this with writing papers for college too.

Same here! I feel like I do my best work at the last minute, including those college papers. :ROTFLMAO: I find that procrastinating actually helps me get so many other things checked off my to-do lists - Suddenly those things look a whole lot more interesting or necessary than the big chore I'm avoiding.

kijip
10-25-2010, 11:41 AM
Most things, no need it is done or I accept that it is not getting done. But big things that must be done? I will stay up late because I need more mornings for a couple of things already that are sacrosanct as far as I am concerned- time with my husband and working out.

Sweetum
10-25-2010, 03:01 PM
stay up late.

can't trust myself to wake up early morning! also, with sleep between my task and the due date I feel like I finished early - and if there's anything that needs to be reviewed (like papers) I can do so with a fresh mind next morning (which would take lesser time than finishing the actual job).

JoyNChrist
10-25-2010, 03:07 PM
I voted PM...because I KNOW that I will not get up as early as I need to in the morning...

:yeahthat:

I also work better under pressure, so for things that have deadlines (like school papers) I habitually wait until the night before and then have to rush to get it done. But I honestly do a better job then - in college, I always got better grades on the papers I wrote at the last minute than those I worked on over several days/weeks. I guess I write better under pressure.

sariana
10-25-2010, 07:28 PM
I voted stay up late, but honestly, it is more likely I simply won't finish it, whatever it is. I procrastinate something awful.

MamaKath
10-25-2010, 08:04 PM
I procrastinate something awful.
Me too!!! I'd stay up late or not finish, but only because I KNOW nothing gets done in the AM no matter how hard I desire it.

smiles33
10-25-2010, 09:30 PM
I'm one of those people that plans in advance because I like to revise/edit. For instance, in college I'd have my paper "done" in advance, but then edit it up until the night before to perfect it. Or I'd pack my bags for vacation a week in advance and then take things out/add new things in as I figure out what I "really" want. Yes, I'm a little OCD.

In my defense, I haven't been as OCD since DDs arrived. Now I'm lucky if I pack 2 days before departure, if not the day beforehand (which I find stressful as I pretty much have to get it right on the first or second try!).

Octobermommy
10-25-2010, 10:03 PM
I'M exactly like you op. My dh still doesn't get it that things don't just happen real quick in the am. Like he will refuse to pack for a trip at night thinking he will get up a little earlier , which he either won't do or it will take an hour longer than he thought. He is coming around though.

bigpassport
10-25-2010, 11:42 PM
I'm a work-first-play-later kinda gal. I'd definitely prefer to get the task done the night before and not have to think of it first thing in the morning.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
10-26-2010, 01:09 AM
I'm a night owl by nature (but becoming less so now that my kids exhaust me by the end of the day ;)). But mornings? I hate them with a passion. So you can't pay me enough to get up earlier than I already do!

:yeahthat:

Fairy
10-26-2010, 01:12 AM
Oh, I am so a dither away my day then stay up late to finish person. It's after midnight at this point, so ... yeah, another typical, ordinary day for me. Speaking of which, I have bracelets to finish ...