PDA

View Full Version : Best Place to buy a deep freezer

iowavb
10-25-2010, 03:02 PM
For some reason my husband decided to buy an 1800 lb. steer, and now we need a deep freezer!! Any advice on the best deal? I haven't started shopping for one, but I figured that someone must have one that they can give some insight on!
TIA!

cucaw30
10-25-2010, 03:05 PM
For some reason my husband decided to buy an 1800 lb. steer, and now we need a deep freezer!! Any advice on the best deal? I haven't started shopping for one, but I figured that someone must have one that they can give some insight on!
TIA!

We got a great deal at Lowe's about 2 years ago. We waited until a holiday weekend to get 10% off. The freezer was a floor model so they knocked off additional $$. Try to see if an appliance store will sell you a floor model. Also, do you have a Sear's outlet near you? You could also check that out.

MSWR0319
10-25-2010, 03:47 PM
We got ours at Sears a few years ago when I accidentally unplugged the old one and all of the steer and deer meat rotted for a month or so before we discovered all the rotten meat! I was not about to clean it out and it was old anyway. We ended going with a stand up deep freezer so we didn't have to dig for the buried meat and its wonderful!

amoonmama
10-25-2010, 09:51 PM
I second the Sears recommendation. Pay the extra for an alarm, that way you know if the temp has ever gone above freezing and for how long. Love my kenmore upright deep freeze!

jenfromnj
10-25-2010, 10:44 PM
If you're not too particular about what you want (and don't need it delivered), I know our local craigslist usually has a few, and people are usually not asking much for them (I think they just don't want to have to lug them out of their homes, LOL).

MizMojoLaveau
10-26-2010, 11:08 AM
We got ours at a Sears "Scratch and Dent" for a great deal. It had a dent on the back corner. I don't know if Sears Scratch and Dent is the same as their Outlets or not.

brittone2
10-26-2010, 11:23 AM
I got a commercial upright off of CL for a reasonable price.