PDA

View Full Version : Anyone cheap like me & waited for an Amazon price to come down?

conniez
10-25-2010, 10:32 PM
So my Sonicare toothbrush broke after 2 years (I think they're supposed to last longer than that), and I think I'm just a total cheapskate as I can't seem to bite the bullet & buy one on Amazon. I was looking at the Sonicare Flexcare Plus the other day & it was $117, and today it went to $120+ and now it's $138.68. Ugh! I have the worst timing. Anyway, I really need to buy this as I'm basically using my Sonicare as a manual now...but I just can't bring myself to buy it knowing it was $20 less a day ago. I feel like I'm watching the stock market as I refresh the Amazon page for this...hmm... maybe I should Google Amazon pricing trends so I can become a pro at this & time it just right? :ROTFLMAO:

JMS
10-25-2010, 10:34 PM
camelcamelcamel . com will show you historical prices and set up a price alert (via email) for you and when the price drops below whatever you specify. Hold out and I'm sure you'll get lucky! GL.

jenfromnj
10-25-2010, 10:36 PM
I use camelcamelcamel, too, but yes, I've waited months to make certain purchases, waiting for the price to go down. Call me crazy, but somehow even saving a few bucks makes me happy, LOL!

wellyes
10-25-2010, 10:42 PM
I don't use camelcamelcamel. I prefer the suspense of keeping an item in my cart so that whenever I click on my cart is says "the price for this item has change...." And I, too, have spent my time and mental energy trying to save > $5 on an expensive thing. It's a sickness, really.

conniez
10-25-2010, 11:35 PM
camelcamelcamel . com will show you historical prices and set up a price alert (via email) for you and when the price drops below whatever you specify. Hold out and I'm sure you'll get lucky! GL.

I use camelcamelcamel, too, but yes, I've waited months to make certain purchases, waiting for the price to go down. Call me crazy, but somehow even saving a few bucks makes me happy, LOL!

ooh I've never heard of that site before! thanks, guys! I agree...I feel sad whenever I miss a deal or know I could've saved a couple dollars. DD asked me once when we were @ Target: "Do we always have to use coupons?" ...this was after I told her I refused to pay full price for something! lol

I don't use camelcamelcamel. I prefer the suspense of keeping an item in my cart so that whenever I click on my cart is says "the price for this item has change...." And I, too, have spent my time and mental energy trying to save > $5 on an expensive thing. It's a sickness, really.

:ROTFLMAO:

conniez
10-25-2010, 11:48 PM
ugh just checked & the lowest it's been for awhile WAS the $117 price from yesterday :(

Puddy73
10-25-2010, 11:50 PM
I have almost 100 items "saved for later" in my cart. 'Nuff said.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
10-26-2010, 12:05 AM
Get an Oral-B.

$100 before the 50% MIR. I got po'd after our Sonicare's kept carping out and tried the Oral-B for 1/2 the money. Only downside,the base doesn't have a place for toothbrush heads, but the old Sonicare one works, just for that.

3 brush heads for $13 w/ S&S, so cheaper than Sonicare.

conniez
10-26-2010, 01:01 AM
I have almost 100 items "saved for later" in my cart. 'Nuff said.

lol I didn't know about that feature...maybe I should check that out?

Get an Oral-B.

$100 before the 50% MIR. I got po'd after our Sonicare's kept carping out and tried the Oral-B for 1/2 the money. Only downside,the base doesn't have a place for toothbrush heads, but the old Sonicare one works, just for that.

3 brush heads for $13 w/ S&S, so cheaper than Sonicare.

The one that broke on me was the Sonicare Elite (DH's is working just fine, though). I was reading the reviews on the Sonicare Flexcare+ & it looks like this one has a better battery life and is an improvement on the Elite series. I did check out the Oral-B ones, but I just really don't like the circular brush heads.

baileygirl
10-26-2010, 01:18 AM
You might try contacting Sonicare to see if they'll replace it for you. I don't know how old they were, but dh has had a couple replaced going that route.

conniez
10-26-2010, 01:43 AM
You might try contacting Sonicare to see if they'll replace it for you. I don't know how old they were, but dh has had a couple replaced going that route.

I called them & wouldn't you know my 2-year warranty expired just a couple of months before my toothbrush gave out.