PDA

View Full Version : bananas - help!

ncat
10-25-2010, 10:58 PM
DS loves bananas. Which is great - they are the perfect food to pack for daycare lunches. No dishes, no preparation.

But, he insists on peeling his own and eating the banana whole. He will not touch cut up banana. We were confused when his lunch bananas kept coming home untouched, until we realized that his daycare's director won't let the teachers give toddlers whole bananas. ?!

Has anyone heard of this? It sounds strange to me, but I don't have any real desire to pick a fight about something so trivial.

Are there any other superfruits like bananas that are so easy to pack and so filling and nutritious? The best alternative I can think of is pre-packaged applesauce.

edurnemk
10-25-2010, 11:03 PM
Superfruit #1: Blueberries. My DS can eat tons of them. Also raspberries or blackberries could be easy to pack.

Other fruits I've packed for lunch, but it all requires cutting it up: strawberries, grapes, sliced pears or apples.

ncat
10-25-2010, 11:13 PM
Superfruit #1: Blueberries.

Blueberries are great! I have a hard time buying fresh ones out of season, though.

edurnemk
10-25-2010, 11:15 PM
Blueberries are great! I have a hard time buying fresh ones out of season, though.

Oh, yeah, you'd have to get them imported and they're expensive (and not very green). I limit DS's consumption off season because of that.

nicolexx
10-27-2010, 08:19 AM
Oh, yeah, you'd have to get them imported and they're expensive (and not very green). I limit DS's consumption off season because of that.

Agree with you. Health and environment protection are important:cheerleader1: