PDA

View Full Version : What would you wear with dark red shoes?

DrSally
10-25-2010, 11:50 PM
I couldn't resist these shoes, as I like the style and they come in wide. Assuming they'll fit me when the arrive, what should I wear with them?

I'm thinking gray and black would look fine, maybe even brown? Navy?
http://www.shoes.com/shopping/productdetails.aspx?p=EC1243967&pg=5139306&partnerID=Email_TransOrdConf

crl
10-25-2010, 11:53 PM
Pretty much everything. I long ago decided dark red shoes are neutral. Well, maybe not orange pants, though. But definitely yes to black, brown, navy, tan, grey. Cute shoes!

Catherine

DrSally
10-25-2010, 11:57 PM
Pretty much everything. I long ago decided dark red shoes are neutral. Well, maybe not orange pants, though. But definitely yes to black, brown, navy, tan, grey. Cute shoes!

Catherine

Good news for me! I love dark red in clothes, but have never had dark red shoes. They do wear red shoes quite a bit on WNTW...

bigsis
10-26-2010, 12:26 AM

I agree, those are so dark, they're neutral.

I would wear them with anything, except maybe green---might be too Christmassy :)

MamaSnoo
10-26-2010, 08:35 AM
Would be pretty with a purple sweater and grey or tan slacks.

Very pretty shoe!

TwinFoxes
10-26-2010, 08:54 AM
I would say anything other than green (agree, too Christmasy) or dark red, too matchy-matchy.

DrSally
10-26-2010, 09:19 AM
I would say anything other than green (agree, too Christmasy) or dark red, too matchy-matchy.

Yep, other than green, orange or dark red, I think I'll wear them! I think it will add some interest to a mostly neutral outfit. I saw a dark red, skinny belt at ON. I wonder if that would look good with a gray sweater dress and the red shoes, or if I should just stick with a black skinny belt.

Dayzy
10-26-2010, 09:40 AM
My SIL just bought a similar pair of shoes. I saw her wearing them last week with a gray and black striped sweater and gray slacks. She also wears them with dark brown pants.

crl
10-26-2010, 10:30 AM
Yep, other than green, orange or dark red, I think I'll wear them! I think it will add some interest to a mostly neutral outfit. I saw a dark red, skinny belt at ON. I wonder if that would look good with a gray sweater dress and the red shoes, or if I should just stick with a black skinny belt.

I would stick with a black belt. It makes the shoes more interesting, IMO.

Catherine

TwinFoxes
10-26-2010, 10:32 AM

Catherine

:yeahthat:

wellyes
10-26-2010, 11:42 AM
LOVE those shoes.

DrSally
10-26-2010, 01:39 PM

Catherine

:yeahthat:

Sounds good. You ladies are always a font of advice. One less thing to buy then. :rotflmao:

DrSally
10-26-2010, 01:40 PM
LOVE those shoes.

Thanks! I thought I should get some dressier shoes. I like conservative styles, with a little interest. I hope they fit. Even if they're "wide", sometimes with dress shoes that are pointy, it's still tight. I also love the wider heel. I really am not coordinated/experienced enough to walk in a thin, pointy heel.

DrSally
10-26-2010, 01:41 PM
My SIL just bought a similar pair of shoes. I saw her wearing them last week with a gray and black striped sweater and gray slacks. She also wears them with dark brown pants.

Sounds cute!