PDA

View Full Version : S/O mediums and clairvoyants

Globetrotter
10-26-2010, 12:08 PM
I didn't want to read those ghost posts last night so I waited until now :) and that got me thinking about something else.

Two of my close friends have met mediums.

The first one met her medium after her sister committed suicide. My friend took pictures of her sister and they "connected" - the medium was able to tell her things that only a very close friend or relative would know. She is also able to predict future events.

They say they see spirits all around them, waiting in line to connect. Another friend got a call from her medium friend when her mom died, saying that someone was trying to connect with her - she flew down to meet the medium and they did connect. She felt peaceful after that.. as they weren't on good terms when she died.

This medium does work for the police (secretly) and has been able to track down murdererers. her DD has a similar ability and, as a child, led police to a suspect thousands of miles away, based on her visions. She has been ostracized by other parents in school as they know of her ability now, ie. knowing which kids have been abused, etc..

Both mediums have done all this for free, so they're not trying to make money off my friends. They say they resisted this ability at first.. that some people are born with it.. but eventually decided to embrace it.

How can you explain this? The fact that the police use them to solve murders makes me think there is something to it. Has anyone here had experience with mediums? These two friends are very rational, logical folks. If I had heard this from someone I didn't know, I might think it was absurd!

HIU8
10-26-2010, 12:30 PM
I can't answer your question but the whole thing fascinates me. I know of stories of people being contacted but I'm not sure if it was b/c these were mediums or a one time thing. My own mother has "seen" things (always related to people close to her though). I can say that I have "seen" things 3 times in my life. I'm by no means a medium, but b/c of my experiences I believe in their abilities.

Raidra
10-26-2010, 01:02 PM
I would love to meet a good medium, to be honest. I'm not sure whether I believe in spirit communication, per se, but I do think that in some cases, there is something paranormal going on. I'm much more predisposed to believe in psychics than mediums.. in other words, it seems more plausible that the 'medium' is picking up on stuff that the subject is thinking about, rather than talking to an actual spirit.

I don't know that I necessarily believe in psychics, either, but I don't totally not believe, either. It just seems more likely that that's what's happening, whether the medium realizes it or not.

gatorsmom
10-26-2010, 01:36 PM
I definitely think there is another "realm" out there that we can't see, similarly to how some animals can't see colors. I think there are things we can't sense with our 5 senses. Personal experience and family experience (which I've posted about here before) have led me to believe this (course my religion plays a part in this too). But, I think that some people happen to have brains that are more developed and are able to sense things that most can't. I'd compare it to a Mozart or Einstein they had abilities that most of us don't. I think of mediums the same way. I believe there are a few out there with an unusual ability to sense the "other realm" but frankly, I think the authentic mediums are few and far between (like musical virtuosos). It's such an easy thing to fake, though, which accounts for why there are palm readers and fortune tellers in just about every city.

edurnemk
10-26-2010, 03:22 PM
A friend of my parents recently told them that she's been able to see ghosts her whole life. It doesn't freak her out or anything, but she says she sees them everywhere. They bought an old house and she sees a few ghosts there, even a dog. Yes, they were at their house when she told them this, and as it got darker, my dad just wanted to leave! :ROTFLMAO:

My mom's BFF can predict a lot of things very accurately. She learned how to read coffee grounds from her aunt, and it's uncanny the amount of details she can predict. The last time I saw her she told me I was about to receive 2 job offers, and she told me which was best, what I wouldn't like about the other one...I had a meeting scheduled with company B for that same day to discuss an offer, she said the first offer I'd receive was not a good one. I thought she was off because I pretty much knew by then company B would be a better option than company D. 2 hours later I was on my way to meet with company B, and my I got a call from company D and they made me an offer over the phone. And it was low, and so it was the "first offer"! Oh, BTW I had never told her I was interviewing for a job even. I could write pages with examples like theses, since every time we see her we all insist on getting a reading! She doesn't charge anything BTW.

From these and other experiences, I agree 100% with gatorsmom.

edurnemk
10-26-2010, 03:23 PM
I didn't want to read those ghost posts last night so I waited until now :) and that got me thinking about something else.

Good call, I did read them last night, and DH is out of town and I was so jumpy when I went to bed! I really regretted reading them so late.

Globetrotter
10-26-2010, 03:31 PM
My friend's dd used to say things that could only come from her deceased aunt. This friend thinks that children are more open to this otherworld (as Gatorsmom described) and therefore more likely to experience these things. When dd was a baby, one time she waved behind me and say hi.. noone was there.. but it happened to be a year since my MIL's passing, and maybe she was present in our thoughts (though dd had no clue). It freaked me out at the time, but now I feel it's not necessarily a horrible thing - depends who it is, I suppose ;)

It is very interesting to me as I am normally of a very scientific bent!