PDA

View Full Version : How late is too late for birth announcements?

lilycat88
10-26-2010, 01:29 PM
DS is 4 months old. Between my PPD, my mom's move, our remodel, did I mention my PPD, going back to work and DS's pertussis, I never got birth announcements out. Too late?

AnnieW625
10-26-2010, 01:38 PM
I got mine done by the time DD2 was three months old. I don't think any time is too late, but you could always just do a cute photo card for Christmas instead. I know most of my friends who have kids born in the later half of the year do that.

TwoBees
10-26-2010, 01:56 PM
We did ours around 3 months, but we wanted to wait until DD was home from the hospital (2 months). I agree with Annie, make it a holiday card.

YouAreTheFocus
10-26-2010, 02:04 PM
I don't think it's too late--I sent ours out at 2-3 mos. If you want to send 'em, send 'em!

Personally I'd keep it seperate from the holiday card (if you're the holiday card type), as the announcement would be for James, while the holiday card would be for the whole family.

ha98ed14
10-26-2010, 03:46 PM
I got mine done by the time DD2 was three months old. I don't think any time is too late, but you could always just do a cute photo card for Christmas instead. I know most of my friends who have kids born in the later half of the year do that.

:yeahthat: If it were me, I would send a holiday card, collage or single frame, in which James is clearly visible (not wrapped in blankets). You could do a collage photo card and show a picture of James by himself or being held by DD. I would sign it:

Merry/Happy Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanza/New Year!

Love, Dick, Jane, Susanna and Our New Addition: James!

brittone2
10-26-2010, 03:51 PM
IMO not too late, if you are feeling up to it. If you aren't, then just do a holiday card with his photo included.

I always love to see announcement pics from friends/family.

JoyNChrist
10-26-2010, 04:10 PM
My twins are 2 months old and I haven't sent theirs yet. They're printed, but not addressed. I'll get to it...soon...ish. ;)

marge234
10-26-2010, 04:24 PM
IMO not too late, if you are feeling up to it. If you aren't, then just do a holiday card with his photo included.

:yeahthat:

o_mom
10-26-2010, 05:02 PM
I say go for the holiday card-announcement combo. Get them made and ordered, then drop them in the mail the day after Thanksgiving. He'll be about 5 months, which isn't that long, especially with all you have had going on. :)

Andi98989
10-26-2010, 08:32 PM
I sent out holiday cards and birth announcements in one envelope

MamaSnoo
10-26-2010, 11:15 PM
I know I have gotten them from friends around the 4-5 mo mark. I think it is ok.

To tell the truth, I had them all designed, but never ordered or mailed them. :6: Oh well.

rlu
10-27-2010, 12:18 AM
I sent out holiday cards and birth announcements in one envelope

Same here, and DS was a March baby. I had one person ask me why I bothered but the people who save these for family history appreciated them. (I used his newborn picture on the announcement).

tmahanes
10-27-2010, 12:29 AM
Same here, and DS was a March baby. I had one person ask me why I bothered but the people who save these for family history appreciated them. (I used his newborn picture on the announcement).

I was just wondering about this. I never sent ours between moving and trying to find a job. So it wouldn't be too weird to send them with the Christmas card??

Corie
10-27-2010, 08:16 AM
My sister just mailed out her baby's birth announcements and her daughter
was born July 28th.

gcc2k
10-27-2010, 09:51 AM
I don't think it's too late at all. Who doesn't like getting real mail?

rlu
10-27-2010, 12:24 PM
I was just wondering about this. I never sent ours between moving and trying to find a job. So it wouldn't be too weird to send them with the Christmas card??

I sent mine with the xmas card only to people who might appreciate having the actual announcement.

If you plan to send a xmas letter, the announcement might not be necessary.

I know I got caught up with the idea "I paid for them, I want to get them sent" so I did. If someone thought it was weird, so what?

scrooks
10-27-2010, 01:46 PM
My sister just mailed out her baby's birth announcements and her daughter
was born July 28th.
:yeahthat: DD was born in July and I got them out in October. I was much quicker with DS's....I think I got them out in October and he was born at the end of September.

California
10-27-2010, 02:04 PM
I think your recipients will be glad to get them however you pull it off-- sent with a holiday card, the announcement is the holiday card, or on its own. When we had an October baby I decided to combine holiday and announcement so I'd have a bigger budget to get a nicer card. We (ahem, ok, ME. My DH could care less) sent out a card in late November that said "In This Season of Thanksgiving, We Celebrate a New Blessing in Our Family." I've received many announcements/holiday cards that say something like, "Our Christmas Wish Came Early This Year," or, "The Greatest Gift of All Is a New Baby," or something along those lines.

hellokitty
10-27-2010, 02:10 PM
Not too late. DS3 was born in July, I was so overwhelmed, I sent out a combo Christmas/birth announcement card in December. Ppl will understand.