PDA

View Full Version : news: BRU/TRU to offer same-day in-store pickup

vball4all
10-26-2010, 01:40 PM
This could be helpful - to have stuff already picked for you - I can also see this turning in to Chaos if EVERYONE does it ;) Boo - this won't be at TRU in my area :(

Toys 'R' Us adds multichannel services

Wayne, N.J. ( October 21, 2010 ) Toys “R” Us said Thursday it has added multichannel services, including online ordering with same-day in-store pickup options, and inventory checking options for online customers that allow shoppers to check product availability in stores nationwide or on Toysrus.com and Babiesrus.com.

Store associates can also help locate items in nearby stores or order them online to be shipped to a customer's home free of charge.

"We know that an increasing number of customers are using our e-commerce site not only to make purchases but to research products available in our stores, and we are pleased to offer streamlined services to help busy parents and gift-givers save time and shop more efficiently," said Greg Ahearn, senior VP marketing and e-commerce, Toys “R” Us.

Beginning Oct. 26, online shoppers can use the Buy Online, Pick Up In-Store service, which guarantees in-store access to more than 7,500 items within two hours of ordering, said the company. The service will be available at about 260 Babies “R” Us stores nationwide, as well as at targeted Toys “R” Us stores in major U.S. markets and metropolitan areas, including Atlanta; Austin; Boston; Chicago; Los Angeles; Miami; Seattle; and Washington, D.C.

The company said it plans to expand Buy Online, Pick Up In-Store to include all Toys “R” Us locations nationwide by the middle of next year.

Toysrus.com will offer free shipping deals throughout the holiday season, according to the toy retailer.

http://www.chainstoreage.com/story.aspx?id=155411&menuid=439&NL=179&Fqy=3

bostonsmama
10-26-2010, 04:10 PM
FTR, my aunt bought me 6 items off my registry (a high chair and some incidentals like paci grip, changing pad cover, thermometer, etc) and the high chair came in 10 days, the others in a box w/ USPS over 2 weeks later! I'm NOT impressed with their shipping, and while there's no rush for me, my aunt was super embarrassed it took so long. It's not like their prices are better online--and you can't use any of those 20% coupons, so I don't see any advantage over going to the store and just buying items. JMO.

vball4all
10-26-2010, 05:11 PM
They are talking about buying stuff from the store and having it already picked for you instead of having to shop through the aisles (electronic stores tend to do this).

army_mom
10-26-2010, 05:23 PM
it might be nice for grandparents who live far away to buy online and allow us to pick it up instore for no shipping charges. I doubt my area will have it as we will be in lower Alabama!

emschwar
10-27-2010, 08:32 AM
We're about 30 minutes outside of DC. I wonder if we'll be able to do this. Would be very handy instead of having to drag my kids in there (and spend more than I want to keep them happy!)

TwoBees
10-27-2010, 09:18 AM
Anything to not have to stand in line at BRU. They are THE WORST. Usually only 1 or 2 of 15 registers open and at least 5 people in each line. Ugh!

bostonsmama
10-27-2010, 11:40 AM
Store associates can also help locate items in nearby stores or order them online to be shipped to a customer's home free of charge.

Was just commenting on this part. I doubt it will help w/ the waiting in line part. Our BRU is the same (1 line open of 10).

jvs195
10-27-2010, 12:04 PM
my TRU is the worst too so doubtful I'd use this. Especially if it's anything like the Walmart ship to store NO THANK YOU. DH waited for over 2 hours once for an item to be "located". I have had good luck with Sears though.

westgre
10-27-2010, 01:01 PM
I use KMart's mygofer.com all the time. I shop online for what I need, pick it up at the store 2 hours later. It's ready and waiting at the customer service desk. No lines, no hassle. Still get my rewards points and credits. You can either pay online or when you get to the store.

vonfirmath
10-27-2010, 01:59 PM
it might be nice for grandparents who live far away to buy online and allow us to pick it up instore for no shipping charges. I doubt my area will have it as we will be in lower Alabama!

You could already do this -- if you called. When my cousin had her baby 3 years ago, I called to their Babies R Us, purchased a car seat cover and had it sitting there for her to come in and pick up.