PDA

View Full Version : What's the most fun scared you've ever been?

TwinFoxes
10-26-2010, 01:44 PM
In honor of Halloween, what's the most scared you've ever been, that was all in fun. I'm talking scary movies, or books, or someone playing a trick you, not real life scary situations. I'm a fraidy cat, so I don't go to a lot of scary movies, or go to haunted houses. But once in HS or college I went to a haunted house that had an "execution" room with guillotines etc. They then showed an electric chair, and flipped a switch. The benches we were sitting on were attached to the current so we got a very slight shock, I fell off the bench screaming! My friends barely flinched. :bag

So, what "scary" things have you survived? :icon_twisted:

lmwbasye
10-26-2010, 01:50 PM
Well, I generally hate being scared and avoid at all costs (a big reason is DH is gone a lot and I have an overactive imagination). Yes, I'm a big wuss.

But...

I remember when I was in Germany in high school reading The Shining by Stephen King on the train and crying I was so scared while reading it. But I could not put it down...it was so good.

elektra
10-26-2010, 01:51 PM
I have a story to add where I was the most freaked out I have ever been in my life. It's making my heart race just thinking about it! In college, I lived a few blocks away from a group of friends from my team. One night I walked over (after having my own personal pre-party of a certain substance that has been know to lead to paranoia), as we were supposed to go out together later, and they were expecting me. Well when I got there, their door was ajar and there was this pick thing sticking out of the lock of their front door. I pushed the door open slowly and let out a "hellloo?" and proceeded to walk into their living room. Their furniture was all over-turned, drawers were pulled out, and their CD's were scattered around the room. I took another step in and if it had been a movie, everyone would have been shouting at the stupid chick (me) to turn and get my butt outta there! However, like the chicks in the movies, I kept on going and said my friend's name along with another "hello", at which point I heard some stirring coming from their dark hallway. At that point, I turned and RAN out the front door, down the steps and started pounding on the door of the apartment below. Well a few seconds later, I heard some hysterical laughing, followed by all of my girlfriends running down the stairs, telling me that the look on my face before I high tailed it out of there was priceless. Gee thanks! Can I go change my pants now that I have wet myself??!! Ok the pants thing is an exaggeration but I was seriously SO freaked out. I thought I was about to get killed by a robber! They had staged the whole thing to scare me- and they got me good!

maylips
10-26-2010, 02:04 PM
I had a huge group of friends in high school and one night, a van-load of us went to a supposedly-haunted spot over an abandoned bridge near some water and played the Ouija Board and called for this woman's spirit. It was so much fun but pee-in-your pants scary/funny too.

TwinFoxes
10-26-2010, 05:59 PM
OMG Elektra! That's crazy. I would have fainted.

wellyes
10-26-2010, 07:31 PM
Recently - probably the first Paranormal Activity, in a crowded theater. It's one of those movie you either have a great experience at or a really lame one, and mine was I-got-chills-in-the-dark-in-bed-that-night good.

I remember when I was in Germany in high school reading The Shining by Stephen King on the train and crying I was so scared while reading it. But I could not put it down...it was so good.

For teenaged me, The Shining was too scary to be fun-scary. Pet Semetery was a more appropriate scare-to-thrill ratio.