PDA

View Full Version : Is $223 a Good Price for Boulevard 70?

LoveBeingMrs
10-27-2010, 08:12 AM
My DS is still in his infant car seat, and it doesn't look as if he'll outgrow it anytime soon. BUT I found a good deal on a Britax Boulevard 70, and I'm debating whether or not to buy it now. Should I wait so that I can use it longer (expiration date) or is $223 too good to pass up? Thanks!

AnnieW625
10-27-2010, 11:54 AM
Yes that is good price (I think the regular price is $309), and if you think you'll get tired of the infant seat before he turns a year old. I believe that there are also sales on the Britax seats in the early spring too, but it might be better just to get it now and have it just in case he all of a sudden one day decides he doesn't want to be in the infant seat.

LoveBeingMrs
10-27-2010, 03:32 PM
We're basically just using his infant seat as a convertible.. we leave it in the car most of the time. We have the Snugride 35, and he's 8 months old (27" and 16 lbs). As long as he doesn't get sick of his infant car seat, I think we could use it for another 6 months or so.

Are the deals in the spring usually pretty good? Around $200 hopefully?

Thanks so much for your help!

edurnemk
10-27-2010, 03:47 PM
That's a great price. Even the old Blvd, I never found for less than 220-ish.

How old is your DS? Britax usually has a sale in February, I don't remember how much of a discount they offer, though (15-20% maybe?)

LoveBeingMrs
10-27-2010, 03:55 PM
That's a great price. Even the old Blvd, I never found for less than 220-ish.

How old is your DS? Britax usually has a sale in February, I don't remember how much of a discount they offer, though (15-20% maybe?)

DS is 8 months old, 27", and 16 lbs. I think we could use the infant car seat for another 6-8 months...

arivecchi
10-27-2010, 04:05 PM
I would get the convertible now. Your DS will thank you.

Andi98989
10-27-2010, 04:24 PM

:yeahthat: We moved my DS into his convertible when he was about 8 months old and he loved it - you could tell he was more comfortable, and it was much easier for us to get him in/out of that seat instead of the SR32.

LoveBeingMrs
10-27-2010, 05:24 PM
Thanks for your advice, ladies! DS doesn't mind his infant car seat.. doesn't cry when I put him in, and falls asleep in it occasionally. Were your LOs okay with their infant car seats and just happier with the convertible? Thanks!

YouAreTheFocus
10-27-2010, 05:29 PM
I'm in the same boat, mine just turned 1 and still fits in his seat and is quite content. I'm just keeping my eyes open for a good deal. The best I've seen was $232 at Amazon, when they had them for 25% off. Now I can only find them for 20% off. So yeah, $223 is good!

arivecchi
10-27-2010, 05:34 PM
I could tell my boys were much happier when they switched. The position of infant car seats is just not as natural for older babies IMO.

edurnemk
10-27-2010, 06:54 PM

I agree....

Thanks for your advice, ladies! DS doesn't mind his infant car seat.. doesn't cry when I put him in, and falls asleep in it occasionally. Were your LOs okay with their infant car seats and just happier with the convertible? Thanks!

...but, my DS HATED his infant seat with a passion. From day one. As long as he was awake he was crying and fussing every minute of the ride, driving was so stressful I avoided it like the plague and mostly walked everywhere even if it was 10F. Oh I wish I'd switched to a convertible sooner (we didn0t use it on the stroller either, so...), I thought it was the RF he hated, but no, it was the seat. He loves his Blvd and is still RF at 2.8 yo.

babybell
10-28-2010, 08:55 PM
My DS is still in his infant car seat, and it doesn't look as if he'll outgrow it anytime soon. BUT I found a good deal on a Britax Boulevard 70, and I'm debating whether or not to buy it now. Should I wait so that I can use it longer (expiration date) or is $223 too good to pass up? Thanks!

Where did you find it at this price?? I'm in the market!

LoveBeingMrs
10-29-2010, 12:51 PM
Amazon- I was going to use the 10% coupon for joining Amazon Mom

AnnieW625
10-29-2010, 01:33 PM

DD1 would still be in an infant seat today if they made one big enough. She loved her seat. She outgrew it by 7 months though (it was a SR 22). She did okay in her Marathon until she was just over 12 mos. old and we turned her FFing. Looking back on it I most likely should've turned her back around. DD1 hated her Marathon until she was 2/1/2+.

DD2 is still happy in the infant seat, we have a Safe Seat for her because I was afraid I'd end up with a tall baby and have to switch her to a convertable (and since DD1's seats expire before her 2nd birthday) at around the same time as DD1, and have to buy two new convertible seats. We will keep her in the infant seat as long as she is happy, we get tired of the seat, or she outgrows it. It was a hand me down from a friend so honestly there is no money lost if one day she decides she hates it.

poohbear
10-30-2010, 09:32 AM
Where did you find it at this price?? I'm in the market!

Not as great of a deal, but babycatalog.com has them for $241 when you add it to your cart (22% off). Still a good deal :)

OP, I bought mine when DS was about 7 months old (I got lucky, I ordered it Nov 1, and it came from Diapers.com 2 days later with a DOM of October 30 - it was crazy), we started using it at about 11 months, but I didn't mind losing a few months, since I got a great deal. I would recommend grabbing it at $223 ;)