PDA

View Full Version : Can Pancake Batter be made ahead of time?

Binkandabee
10-27-2010, 10:57 AM
Can I make pancake batter tonight and store it in the fridge so all DH has to do for dinner tomorrow is pour it on the griddle?

keh602
10-27-2010, 11:09 AM
Yes! My mom often refrigerates leftover pancake batter and uses it the next day. :)

lil_acorn
10-27-2010, 11:26 AM
I have tried doing this with leftover batter and it does not taste very good (kind of flat) - some reaction with the baking soda.

another option is just to measure the wet and dry and keep them separated until the morning.

JBaxter
10-27-2010, 11:37 AM
Ok how hard is it to mix pancake batter ? Milk eggs oil stir at the most.

Nechums
10-27-2010, 11:40 AM
I prefer to freeze the actual pancakes rather than the batter. I freeze them in between layers of wax paper and then pop them in the toaster oven for 5 minutes. Taste just like fresh pancakes!

Binkandabee
10-27-2010, 11:50 AM
Thanks everyone!

Globetrotter
10-27-2010, 11:52 AM
We do it all the time! Even a few minutes makes a difference to us in the morning. I often make a batch of pancakes and reheat them as needed over a few days.

I use this recipe that is packed with goodies - I use white whole wheat flour and add flax and almond meal!

www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/351 (http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/351)

If they eat just one of these for breakfast, it keeps them going!

Binkandabee
10-27-2010, 12:01 PM
We do it all the time! Even a few minutes makes a difference to us in the morning. I often make a batch of pancakes and reheat them as needed over a few days.

I use this recipe that is packed with goodies - I use white whole wheat flour and add flax and almond meal!

www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/351 (http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/351)

If they eat just one of these for breakfast, it keeps them going!

Exactly....except for us its dinner/homework//bath/bedtime time in the evening. That is crazy time in our house! Those pancakes look awesome!

mama2g03
10-27-2010, 02:28 PM
Absolutely! In fact, the recipe I use from the King Arthur Flour cookbook recommends you let the batter rest and overnight is fine.