PDA

View Full Version : boy "doll house"

MacMacMoo
10-27-2010, 12:16 PM
We saw this at Costco http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11596278&search=heroes&Mo=7&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Sp=S&N=5000043&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=heroes&Ntt=heroes&No=0&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1 and we all very mush like it. Does any one know of anyone lse that makes a boy "doll house?"

sariana
10-27-2010, 12:19 PM
DS has a wood fire house set from Ryan's Room. It was a gift from my ILs, and I don't know where they got it. He got it for his 3rd birthday, which was way too early, so most of the pieces are broken. He plays with it properly now, but most of the pieces are irreparable. It came with 4 firefighters, so I consider it like a doll house.

vonfirmath
10-27-2010, 01:47 PM
This seems very like the Imaginext fire station my son got for his birthdya.

SnuggleBuggles
10-27-2010, 01:59 PM
My boys have been happy playing with non-boy doll houses. We have a Little People house, a Dora house and then an Imaginext castle.

Beth

ssjarrett
10-27-2010, 02:01 PM
We have the Plan Toys chalet dollhouse (gender neutral colors--roof is orange) and also a treehouse by Maxim toys. I have two boys. I wish they played with them more though. (but we have way too many toys!!)

You might also look at the Imaginext line of toys as mentioned--there are also "house" things there too...my youngest wants the Batcave. :-) I think my kids like the plastic guys much better than the wooden style (even though I love the wooden house. Good luck!

christiedavid3
10-27-2010, 02:05 PM
I've considered getting the Playmobil Take Along dollhouse for DS http://www.amazon.com/Playmobil-5763-Take-Along-Dollhouse/dp/B0009NWZT2/ref=sr_1_12?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1288202674&sr=1-12

hellokitty
10-27-2010, 02:09 PM
We have a wooden tree house that is IMO gender neutral and ok for boys. My boys play with it and my friend has the same one and her two boys (no girls) play with it too. I think that playmobil makes cute, "play houses" for boys and girls.

MacMacMoo
10-28-2010, 12:23 PM
oh we have tons of playmobils and Legos from when DH and I were kids. We liked the costco one because we wanted a place for the action figures to live.

christiedavid3
10-28-2010, 01:38 PM
I love the looks of that Costco firehouse, looks very cool!

wimama
10-28-2010, 03:15 PM
I like the looks of that Firehouse. It looks like a nice big set.

We have gone the route of Playmobil. I think any of the Playmobil "houses" are good for kids four or older. And the take along sets look appropriate for kids a little younger than that.

I loved my dollhouse when I was a kid and even built a dollhouse and dollhouse furniture myself. So, we went a little bit overboard with DS's Christmas present for this year, the Playmobil school house. I had a playmat made for it, bought the expansion pack & add on sets, bought cars to drop off children at school, and playground equipment for the school. Our DS may or may not be only child. I guess I look at it as my perhaps lone chance to buy my kid a "dollhouse" toy and do it all up like I want. :wink2:

I see older kids looking at Playmobil at the stores, so we justified the cost because he will likely get many years of playtime out of it.