PDA

View Full Version : Too hot for a Snuzzler for a newborn?

luckytwenty
10-27-2010, 12:57 PM
It's still in the 80s and very humid here in S. Florida. My baby is scheduled to be born on Monday, and I just had the carseat put in at the fire station this morning. I noticed how rough the fabric on the seat is and I'm worried about it irritating newborn skin. I do have a Snuzzler. Think I could use that instead of the scratchy Graco insert the seat came with, or is that going to be too hot in this weather?

Thanks in advance...

arivecchi
10-27-2010, 01:00 PM
Well, the snuzzler should not be used with a car seat so I would scratch that. Good luck with your upcoming arrival!

jse107
10-27-2010, 01:01 PM
It will be too hot. Most babies do okay with the regular fabric of the carseat--and I assume he/she won't be in it too long.

luckytwenty
10-27-2010, 01:03 PM
Well, the snuzzler should not be used with a car seat so I would scratch that. Good luck with your upcoming arrival!

So it's just for strollers? Thanks for clearing that up!

I guess I'll just stick a receiving blanket under him when I put him on the seat. I've sat in diner booths that were softer than this carseat!

kep
10-27-2010, 01:32 PM
Agreeing with everyone else. Do not use anything in a car seat that didn't come in the original box. Nothing aftermarket. They have NOT been tested for crash safety, despite what the packaging says. I would suggest dressing the Noob in a soft cotton one-piece, (we love Hanna zippers at that age), and a light hat if the fabric seems to irritate him.

And I would nix the receiving blanket idea as well, sorry. It is important to avoid putting anything under baby that would add extra bulk or interfere with the harness. I know a receiving blanket is generally thin, but still...

HIU8
10-27-2010, 01:34 PM
It will be fine. Like everyone said, you are not supposed to put anything that didn't come with the carseat under the baby.

luckytwenty
10-27-2010, 01:36 PM
Thanks, I didn't realize a blanket would cause a safety risk.

christiedavid3
10-27-2010, 01:59 PM
Congrats! We're in south FL too and I was just commenting on how hot it still is, for almost November.

I agree with the PPs, do not use anything in the carseat that didn't come with it.

jellibeans
10-27-2010, 02:25 PM
We are in Tampa. We were using the Snuzzler but my dd was sweaty! So I took the body part off and she is just using the head part. It is much better and she doesn't sweat as much!