PDA

View Full Version : High chair dilemma: Boon Flair, Tripp Trapp or FP Space Saver?

PGTB
10-27-2010, 04:13 PM
I have been researching high chairs for our 6 months DS. He can sit but still needs back support although soon should be able to sit unassisted when we introduce solids (thinking around 6.5-7 months).

Currently the 3 listed above are our primary choices:

1) Boon Flair - I love the casters, pneumatic lift and easy to clean seat. I am concerned about it not being able to recline for DS to have a bottle and about the limited longevity. It seems like it's mainly used for up to 1.5 years or 2 years. If the food falls on the floor does the wide base prevent it from soiling the floor and you just wipe it off the base? Also, did you find the size of the tray too small and did it made you LO throw the food all over?

2) Tripp Trapp - love the longevity of the seat Being able to accommodate larger child and the better positioning for posture. Don't love that it doesn't have casters and is difficult to move around and difficult to adjust the height. Also concerned that the fabric seems hard to clean and the seat does not recline. The main concern is that it doesn't have the tray, so, it will limit us to having to feed DS at the table. The good part of it seems that DS will throw less food on the floor, right?

3) Fisher Price space saver - love that it can go on top of the existing chair and that it reclines and has a big tray. Wonder how easy it is to clean. Also, concern that it is not movable unless you want to drag the chair across the floor. The main concern is that it cannot be slid under the table to save space and that it may not be a good booster seat for later.

Do you own any of these chairs, which one would you recommend and why?

For our apartment we appreciate the mobility (casters) as we often eat at the desk as opposed to the dinner table (which isn't easily accessible in our cramped apartment). We of course appreciate something that will take less space and hopefully has longevity. As far as recline feature is concerned, did you find it necessary? Can the baby feed himself the bottle later on in the chair that doesn't recline? What about the ease of cleaning the messes off the chair? What about the size of the tray?