PDA

View Full Version : Qualifying for medicinal marijuana

elektra
10-27-2010, 06:08 PM
Does anyone know what the requirements are or how to become eligible? I'm not entirely sure if marijuana is the right approach for the person who is considering it but I was wondering how it works.
Do you just ask your doctor if it would be an alternative?
Do they allow people with high anxiety to take it, as opposed to people with terminal cancer or extremely physically painful conditions?

Unless they legalize it in CA (a possibility as has been discussed) I think this would be the only legal way to get it.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
10-27-2010, 06:47 PM
You can get it for migraines. As I understand it is pretty easy to get. My MIL and BIL both have cards, but that is another subject....

AnnieW625
10-27-2010, 07:25 PM
I don't know for sure, but like Belle said it seems to be pretty easy to get, although I don't think I would ever go that route. A friend of mine who works for the state's medical control licensing board busted a dr. in a neighboring county for issuing too many cards for people who didn't need it and was getting his stash from the Russian Mob. There is a dr. in Long Beach who advertises that medical marijauna works in the newspaper and I can PM you his name if you want me to.

elektra
10-27-2010, 07:31 PM
I don't know for sure, but like Belle said it seems to be pretty easy to get, although I don't think I would ever go that route. A friend of mine who works for the state's medical control licensing board busted a dr. in a neighboring county for issuing too many cards for people who didn't need it and was getting his stash from the Russian Mob. There is a dr. in Long Beach who advertises that medical marijauna works in the newspaper and I can PM you his name if you want me to.

Thanks Annie. Is that neighboring county Riverside by chance? ;)
Maybe I'll just browse the paper. I really don't know if this is the best route either. I have advised this person (someone I love very much) to start with asking their doctor about what kind of therapies might be best, and just ask what they thought about the marijuana as an option, in addition to other medication options.

TwinFoxes
10-27-2010, 08:14 PM
Check the ads in the OC Weekly. You will find docs there. It is very easy in California to get a card. You can get one for anxiety.