PDA

View Full Version : Got a neat bag at TJ Maxx (update & more pics post 18)

twowhat?
10-27-2010, 10:46 PM
I've never heard of the brand. It's "Lily Bloom by Rosetti". It's made from recycled plastic bottles, has a cool print (I think), and fits almost all my criteria for a diaper bag (even though it's labeled as a work tote and comes with a padded laptop sleeve).

It can hold a water bottle for me & DH AND 2 sippies of water, plenty of diapers, wipes, change of clothes, snacks, wallet, cell phone, etc. I figured for $25 it's worth a shot!!

♥ms.pacman♥
10-27-2010, 10:52 PM
super cute!! :) love the print, and love how it has so many outer pockets! and that's pretty cool that it's made from recycled plastic bottles.

arivecchi
10-27-2010, 10:53 PM
Pretty!

wellyes
10-27-2010, 10:57 PM
I saw that one, it IS cute - but it didn't occur to me to use it as a diaper bag. Good thinking!

Beth24
10-27-2010, 11:09 PM
Really cute!

DrSally
10-27-2010, 11:17 PM
I saw a navy floral one at TJ Max the other day and thought it was so cute. Almost bought it for a diaper bag, but I'm trying to move away from the diaper bag phase...

twowhat?
10-27-2010, 11:19 PM
I saw a navy floral one at TJ Max the other day and thought it was so cute. Almost bought it for a diaper bag, but I'm trying to move away from the diaper bag phase...

Navy floral? That might have been even more up my alley!!

salsah
10-27-2010, 11:19 PM
that's cute! looks more like a diaper bag than "work tote".

DrSally
10-27-2010, 11:22 PM
Navy floral? That might have been even more up my alley!!

It was very cute and I was so tempted. The "floral" was more modern and bright. I love the lightweight feel of the fabric.

todzwife
10-27-2010, 11:38 PM
LOVE it!

TwoBees
10-28-2010, 08:33 AM
That's adorable! I need to go check my TJMaxx. Does it have pockets on the inside?

DietCokeLover
10-28-2010, 09:24 AM
Very cute, though I don't think I would have looked at that and thought "work tote". Much better as a diaper bag!

WolfpackMom
10-28-2010, 09:30 AM
Very purty!

twowhat?
10-28-2010, 09:54 AM
That's adorable! I need to go check my TJMaxx. Does it have pockets on the inside?

In the main zippered compartment (where I have the wipes and diapers in the pic), there's a cell phone pocket (with a velcro strap over it) and a larger pocket next to it. It also came with a removable padded laptop sleeve that fits in this main compartment. On the opposite side of the main compartment there's a larger zip pocket, and a strap to clip keys onto. There are 2 large open compartments on either side of the main zippered compartment that are intended for papers/files but make a great place for changing pad, blankets, dirty clothes, etc. Standard-sized water bottles fit into the side pockets really well (and fit all the way in, so no falling out). Sippy cups fit great in the 2 front outside pockets - these pockets aren't flat - they have a good amount of depth and also have a magnetic snap closure. There are also D-rings on the sides if you want to attach a cross-body strap (which it did not come with)

And yes, I like that it's lightweight and totally wipeable. No need to lug the weight of the diaper bag AND all its belongings:) I have no idea how it will hold up though. It looks fairly well-made but only time will tell:)

hellokitty
10-28-2010, 02:05 PM
Lol, I almost got that same exact bag a few wks ago, but got distracted by a Lesportsac bag instead and told myself I could only pick one or the other (I got the LSS one obviously). I loved the colors on the one you got!

DrSally
10-28-2010, 02:54 PM
I was at TJ Max again today (across from Preschool, LOL), and looked at the navy bag again. That one actually didn't have any pockets inside. They also had the same print in a hobo bag with a ton of pockets inside and outside. I could see it being a nice summer bag. I love the idea of a lightweight nylon bag.

neeleymartin
10-28-2010, 08:43 PM
i just bought a wallet at tj's in one of the other prints. i love that it's recycled materials.

twowhat?
10-29-2010, 03:34 PM
OK, I took another peek since I was at TJMax to get a gift.

The floral on navy is very pretty. Pictured is a hobo style. They also had an owl print (which I personally didn't like much) on black in a cross-body style. Both would work great as diaper bags for ONE child, especially the hobo. You'd need something bigger for 2 kids like the work tote that I got that is pictured in the OP, but my store had NONE of those this time! They did have some standard totes in these and a couple of other patterns. If you like carrying a tote, the standard totes would work for more than one child (but they don't have many pockets on the outside - that's one of the things I love about the one I got). Just had to share!