PDA

View Full Version : DEAD - 50% off dyson vacuums at target

Sweetum
10-28-2010, 02:13 AM
use code TGDYSN40
got it from SD. I also posted about this in the cleaning section in a thread about vacuum cleaners.
I think the code by itself gives 40%. but target is currently doing 10% off all appliances. combining the above code with this gave me 50% off. shipping is free for stuff over $50. Tax was applied though :(
HTHS!!

ETA: wow! I AM vain - 16 minutes after posting this at 11:30 pm I'm expecting people to respond with thanks yous....

jgenie
10-28-2010, 03:24 AM
Great deal!! Which model for a carpeted home - no pets? TIA

Sweetum
10-28-2010, 03:31 AM
I got DC24 but am second guessing myself. wondering if I should've gotten the dc25 (not the animal which is the one for pets). here's the thread that started me off on this quest: http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=375791

poohbear
10-28-2010, 06:58 AM
I got DC24 but am second guessing myself. wondering if I should've gotten the dc25 (not the animal which is the one for pets). here's the thread that started me off on this quest: http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=375791

Nope, you're good with the 24 because it's the ball which is AWESOME - we have a lab and the BALL and it works great. The animal just comes with some extra attachments (the low reach tool and the turbine), which you can buy separately. The new animal is not the BALL model. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND the BALL model.
HTH! :)

We have hardwood on our first floor and the Ball works great. you just have to be sure to adjust it (you raise the kickplate)...

danagee
10-28-2010, 08:14 AM
Awesome deal! i already have one but at this price, maybe could use another for upstairs.....

dukie41181
10-28-2010, 08:28 AM
Can you also combine with the 10% AAA discount?

dukie41181
10-28-2010, 08:52 AM
Can you also combine with the 10% AAA discount?

I am trying to do it right now and it doesn't appear that you can stack for the extra 10%. It doesn't pop up and give you an error code, but it also doesn't look like it applies when you do the math yourself. At checkout it still says save 52%. I wonder if I call if they'd apply the discount, I'm guessing not. Oh well! This is still a great deal and I'm contemplating if I should pick up an animal. The Dyson we have now is almost 6 years old and out of warranty...I know thats a very long life for a vacuum so I'm wondering if we'll need one at some point anyways and heck, $311 or whatever it is is a steal!

To do it, or not do it...that is the question!

lchang25000
10-28-2010, 09:08 AM
Nope, you're good with the 24 because it's the ball which is AWESOME - we have a lab and the BALL and it works great. The animal just comes with some extra attachments (the low reach tool and the turbine), which you can buy separately. The new animal is not the BALL model. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND the BALL model.
HTH! :)

We have hardwood on our first floor and the Ball works great. you just have to be sure to adjust it (you raise the kickplate)...

:yeahthat::yeahthat:

Zaney
10-28-2010, 09:18 AM
Awesome deal! i already have one but at this price, maybe could use another for upstairs.....

That's what I just did, got another of upstairs. At that price it's worth me not having to lug ours up and down =) That's how I justify it LOL

KrisM
10-28-2010, 09:39 AM
I am trying to do it right now and it doesn't appear that you can stack for the extra 10%. It doesn't pop up and give you an error code, but it also doesn't look like it applies when you do the math yourself. At checkout it still says save 52%. I wonder if I call if they'd apply the discount, I'm guessing not. Oh well! This is still a great deal and I'm contemplating if I should pick up an animal. The Dyson we have now is almost 6 years old and out of warranty...I know thats a very long life for a vacuum so I'm wondering if we'll need one at some point anyways and heck, $311 or whatever it is is a steal!

To do it, or not do it...that is the question!

I was going to buy, but this worries me. If yours is 6 years old and you think you need another already? Our current Hoover is over 10 years and is okay, but I want another vac so I can have one upstairs and one downstairs. Do Dysons generally not last long? I can't spend $200 on a vacuum every few years!

DebbieJ
10-28-2010, 09:45 AM
I was going to buy, but this worries me. If yours is 6 years old and you think you need another already? Our current Hoover is over 10 years and is okay, but I want another vac so I can have one upstairs and one downstairs. Do Dysons generally not last long? I can't spend $200 on a vacuum every few years!

My Kenmore canister vac is 10+ years old.

bw52
10-28-2010, 09:46 AM
Anyone know how long the code is good for? I'm thinking of running to the store to check it out before buying one. But would the deal be gone by then?

And do you think WM carries them? They're closer than Target (to give them a test).

dukie41181
10-28-2010, 09:51 AM

Not to confuse anyone. Our current Dyson is in working order, no problems after 6 years. I just have no clue how long a vacuum lasts so I was questioning whether it was getting "old" in vacuum age. I guess not if yours is going on 10 years old!

happy2bamom
10-28-2010, 10:15 AM
happy dance, happy dance. I"ve been stalking Dyson's for months and today I pulled the trigger.

MommyofAmaya
10-28-2010, 10:21 AM
I got the handheld DC31 animal. It was an easy sell to DH too. He is obsessed with the Dyson engineering. We really need this for our dusty, hairy dogs on hardwoods. Thanks a bunch.

My only concern is that my item states ships in 2 weeks. Being Target, they might cancel in the meantime.

bandgsmama
10-28-2010, 10:49 AM
thank you! i ordered a hand held vacuum. we love our regular dyson & think this will be great for in the corners & such!

KrisM
10-28-2010, 11:08 AM
Don't forget to go through Big Crumbs for 5.6% back.

I ordered and there was a note saying I had a $199.61 promotional credit. I have no idea what that is or where it came from. I can't even imagine, but I checked the box to apply it!

jvs195
10-28-2010, 11:08 AM
Not to confuse anyone. Our current Dyson is in working order, no problems after 6 years. I just have no clue how long a vacuum lasts so I was questioning whether it was getting "old" in vacuum age. I guess not if yours is going on 10 years old!

I've had my Dyson for 8 years and other than I ripped the hose it is still going strong. I duct taped it and it still works fine (too cheap to replace the hose) I'm debating the handheld as I've seen mixed reviews.

MommyofAmaya
10-28-2010, 11:17 AM
Don't forget to go through Big Crumbs for 5.6% back.

I ordered and there was a note saying I had a $199.61 promotional credit. I have no idea what that is or where it came from. I can't even imagine, but I checked the box to apply it!

I think this was the 40% promo code. Add that and the additional 10% and it should come to the 50-52% total off. It worked out for me like that anyway. I was hoping it was going to take another $135 off!

I wish I would have remembered to do the cash back search. I always forget when excited about a really good deal.

blisstwins
10-28-2010, 11:22 AM
I would have so much money if I did not come to this place. My floors thank you.

KrisM
10-28-2010, 11:25 AM
I think this was the 40% promo code. Add that and the additional 10% and it should come to the 50-52% total off. It worked out for me like that anyway. I was hoping it was going to take another $135 off!

I wish I would have remembered to do the cash back search. I always forget when excited about a really good deal.

Darn. I bet your right.

infocrazy
10-28-2010, 11:32 AM
What is the difference between the DC24 and the DC14? They are the same price but the one has a ball and the other is 12 A v 6 A. We would use this as our primary vacuum...

justbreathe11
10-28-2010, 11:53 AM
We have the purple animal WITHOUT the ball and LOVE it. It is MUCH stronger than the purple one with the ball. We bought it last month and it had the most suction power out of all of them. With 4 pets, this is exactly what we needed. I tried the one with the ball and noticed no significant difference in maneuverability between the two. For better suction power go for the purple animal without the ball!

joules
10-28-2010, 12:03 PM
I tried the code but it said the promotion code has expired. =(

mama2g03
10-28-2010, 12:14 PM
I tried the code but it said the promotion code has expired. =(

Me too. Not meant to be I guess.

kellij
10-28-2010, 12:22 PM
So jealous - that was a HUGE score for you guys that got one!!

Nicsmom
10-28-2010, 01:00 PM
Oh well.. not meant to be. I put a handheld vacuum in my shopping bag and decided to think about it a little bit more. Now I see that the deal expired. It was such a great deal that I thought it would be nice to get one, but I really don't need it.

janine
10-28-2010, 01:17 PM
Looks like I missed it too -- please let us know if something like this comes up again!!

lchang25000
10-28-2010, 01:22 PM
So relieved this is now over! I was so tempted to get another yellow ball Dyson even though mine is only 2.5 years old and works great!

roobee
10-28-2010, 01:23 PM
I work for Target and that coupon came on the back of our monthly newsletter - I have the paper coupon in my wallet. I hope I can still use that since I was planning on picking up a Dyson this week. I'm pretty sure that coupon code was not intended for the general population.

I think I can stack my coupon with my employee discount + that new 5% off reward for having a Target card.

Good for all the people that got in on the deal though!

jgenie
10-28-2010, 01:32 PM
I ordered the DC25 and it already shipped. Will I be happy with this model? Mostly carpeted floors. TIA

tarabenet
10-28-2010, 02:17 PM
I just tried it and it is expired.

Sweetum
10-28-2010, 02:25 PM
I'm glad most of you got in on it. I guess now's the time to declare it DEAD.

dukie41181
10-28-2010, 02:41 PM
I work for Target and that coupon came on the back of our monthly newsletter - I have the paper coupon in my wallet. I hope I can still use that since I was planning on picking up a Dyson this week. I'm pretty sure that coupon code was not intended for the general population.

I think I can stack my coupon with my employee discount + that new 5% off reward for having a Target card.

Good for all the people that got in on the deal though!

I wonder if the orders will be cancelled then if it wasn't intended for the general population...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

nellonello
10-28-2010, 04:24 PM
Happy, I just got a shipping notification (DC24). Hoping now that there isn't a way they can cancel.
My husband is going to think I am crazy as we already have a DC25 Animal. I just hate hauling it upstairs.

Sweetum
10-28-2010, 04:41 PM
I got one too!

JBaxter
10-28-2010, 04:51 PM
I got shipping notification

dukie41181
10-28-2010, 05:06 PM
I ordered the DC25 and it already shipped. Will I be happy with this model? Mostly carpeted floors. TIA

For those who ordered the DC25 and have shipping notices, did you get the all floors version or the animal version? I ordered the DC25 animal and it says it won't ship til December!

blisstwins
10-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Mine shipped. Why does the fact that it became dead so quickly I am probably should not have gotten in on it at all make it feel all the more exciting!

happy2bamom
10-28-2010, 07:16 PM
I got DC25 all floors and mine has not shipped. I'm getting nervous that it will be cancelled.

KrisM
10-28-2010, 08:27 PM
For those who ordered the DC25 and have shipping notices, did you get the all floors version or the animal version? I ordered the DC25 animal and it says it won't ship til December!

Just got the shipping notice for the DC25 All Floors. I hope you get yours!

jgenie
10-28-2010, 08:32 PM

Mine is the all floors.

baileygirl
10-28-2010, 10:21 PM
I got the DC25 all floors version, and just got a shipping notification. I also ordered the DC31, but that isn't scheduled to ship for a couple of weeks.

dukie41181
11-03-2010, 02:36 PM
I got my shipping notice today for my DC25 Animal! I must say though, Target's system for being able to track your order is very annoying! I very much dislike having to find the order number and wait for the darn email! Why can't I just login to view the order like I would on most other sites?!

janine
11-04-2010, 08:40 AM
I am officially jealous of all of you that got in. Still zero Dysons in our house!

MommyofAmaya
11-04-2010, 09:40 AM
I got the DC25 all floors version, and just got a shipping notification. I also ordered the DC31, but that isn't scheduled to ship for a couple of weeks.

My DC31 Animal shipped!:applause:

MommyofAmaya
11-04-2010, 09:41 AM
I got my shipping notice today for my DC25 Animal! I must say though, Target's system for being able to track your order is very annoying! I very much dislike having to find the order number and wait for the darn email! Why can't I just login to view the order like I would on most other sites?!

I can check my recent orders (just like Amazon) after logging in (without putting in an order number). Try logging in with Amazon login, instead of Target?

jeno
11-04-2010, 12:51 PM
xxxxxxx

dukie41181
11-04-2010, 01:35 PM
Mine is scheduled for delivery today! I hope the cord isn't shorter than the cord for the DC14 we have now! I LOVE that I can plug it in in a central location and it doesn't need to move for the entire floor of the house! Fingers crossed...

dukie41181
11-05-2010, 08:47 AM
So the cord is really shorter on the DC25 than my older DC14 model...wonder why that is?! That was such a great feature IMO! But I must say, I LOVE the DC25 Anmal! Thank you thank you thank you to everyone who highly recommended the ball as opposed to the traditional! I had originally ordered the traditional (DC28) Animal but called to change my order after seeing all the recommendations...SO GLAD I DID! The suction power, maneuverability, etc are awesome! I already enjoyed vacuuming (I know, whas wrong with me?), but now I enjoy it even more. :)

KrisM
11-05-2010, 02:10 PM
Finally used my DC25 today. I love how light it is compared to our old one. Love the ball, too. So much easier to vacuum!

Thanks OP!