PDA

View Full Version : 40% off everything at Inspired by Finn

Melaine
10-28-2010, 02:06 PM
CODE is live: THANKYOU for 40% off. Stock is selling out quickly. They have Babylegs too!

I have posted before how I LOOOOOVE IBF amber teething necklaces. If anyone is interested in details I will try to dig up one of my old posts. Anyway, they are doing a promo that could save us up to 40%....I would love to buy some more stuff so I'm doing my part by passing it along....Hoping people will "like" it on facebook!

BIG CUSTOMER APPRECIATION SALE AT 10,000 “LIKES”

by Inspired By Finn (http://www.facebook.com/InspiredByFinn) on Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 12:21pm

We want to do something special for all of you as we reach the milestone of 10,000 “Likes” on our FB site (that’s a whole lot of likes…don’t you think!?!)

If we hit 10,000 “Likes” within the next 24 hours, we will run a customer appreciation sale of 40% off EVERYTHING in our store.

If we do not make 10,000 “Likes” within the next 24 hours, but we do hit 10,000 “Likes” within the next 48 hours, we will run a customer appreciation sale of 35% off EVERYTHING in our store.

If it takes 72 hours or longer to reach 10,000 “Likes” we will run a customer appreciation sale of 25% off EVERYTHING in our store.

The sale will last one day only, so be sure to check back daily to make sure you don't miss it. Once we hit 10,000 "likes" we will make an announcement on our Wall that the sale has begun, and provide a discount code that you can use at checkout.

So, if you have any friends you think might like our shop, ask them to join us…the faster we get to 10,000 “likes” the more you save! Currently there are 9,528 folks who “Like” our FB page, so we are not that far away! If each of you introduced just one of your friends to our store, we’d jump to over 19,000 “likes”!***

I will be sure to post the code if it is released. Thanks!

c&j04
10-28-2010, 03:45 PM
Sounds awesome! I've had my eye on one since before I was pregnant:)

scmama
10-28-2010, 04:19 PM
Ohh, I've been wanting to get one too :)

Melaine
10-28-2010, 05:10 PM
It's already up to 9,862 so I have high hopes we'll get our code.

billysmommy
10-28-2010, 05:22 PM
Oooh...I need to get 3 for Christmas presents :)

corrie23
10-28-2010, 05:43 PM
I saw that too. I've already liked them or I'd like 'em some more. My little guy is literally cutting his first 2 teeth TODAY (I think one is already through the gum since this morning and the second is right on its heels). He's been wearing an amber necklace for the last 4 mos. and the teething process has really been very tolerable (perhaps he would disagree, but he doesn't seem too miserable). I've been thinking of ordering him another necklace and some of the hazelwood products as well. Hope that they get to 10000!

demommy
10-28-2010, 08:22 PM
I have been wanting to get my Lo one of amber neclaces. I am unsure of what size to order? What do you guys suggest? She is 9 months. Does your LO just wear them during the day or at night? I just dont know anybody that has used these. I am also looking at the haselwood ones for my self! Thanks!

Melaine
10-28-2010, 09:49 PM
Ok, the code is active:
THANKYOU should work for 40% off everything in stock! Order quickly, things are jumping right out of the cart. Can't wait to try the hazelwood.
So bummed DH put his foot down and wouldn't let me buy amber necklaces for the Waldorf dolls. Although, I do see his point on that. But it would have looked soooo cute.

Melaine
10-28-2010, 09:50 PM
I have been wanting to get my Lo one of amber neclaces. I am unsure of what size to order? What do you guys suggest? She is 9 months. Does your LO just wear them during the day or at night? I just dont know anybody that has used these. I am also looking at the haselwood ones for my self! Thanks!

I would probably get the smallest size (12"?) I think that is what my girls have. I would go with round beads, and the lighter the color the more effective.

TwoBees
10-29-2010, 09:05 AM
Awesome! Thanks! I've been wanting to try these, and I just ordered one for DD and one for myself. :)

indigo99
11-04-2010, 11:56 PM
I ordered a necklace for DS and a similar one for myself. They came today, and I'm certainly glad that I didn't pay full price. I did know what amber was, but I guess I was still expecting something more like stones. It feels/looks a little too much like a plastic Mardi Gras necklace. It even has a plastic clasp which is fine for the kids (weighs less) but seems cheap for a $30 adult necklace.

I guess if I actually believed in the pain relieving properties then I might like it a bit more, but I do think that their normal prices are too high for what you're getting.

Sweetum
11-05-2010, 01:11 AM
wonder why but it's not working for me. is there only a selected set of necklaces that is applies to? thanks.

kristabelle
11-05-2010, 01:33 AM
The code was only available for one day.

daisymommy
11-05-2010, 08:28 AM
Amber is fossilized tree or plant sap, not stone. Usually from ancient trees. It's not a man made material, only is available in small quantities, so it does cost more.
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-amber.htm

Try it for a couple days when your baby is teething, and I think you will be impressed!

indigo99
11-05-2010, 09:31 PM
When I told my husband about the pain relief claim, he asked why people want to poison their kids. It does seem kind of strange that everyone would be OK putting something on their kid that supposedly puts a chemical (called acid no less) into their bodies. People don't medicate their kids regularly for teething pain, and meds are regulated and tested unlike amber. Just because it's natural doesn't mean it's safe. Obviously there are lots of poisons in nature.

Like I said though, I don't buy the whole thing. I just thought the necklaces were cute.

TwoBees
11-08-2010, 09:52 AM
Is anyone else still waiting for their order? I received a shipping notice on 11/3 (USPS), but the tracking status still says "Electronic Shipping Info Received." I know the USPS is slow to update tracking status, but it is usually done after 8 pm every evening. Which means my package hasn't even shipped yet. I'mt hinking of cancelling my order at this point because my credit card was charged on 11/3. :irked:

Melaine
11-08-2010, 09:55 AM
I got mine super early.....like Tuesday?

kellij
11-08-2010, 10:31 AM
I'm still waiting. I got the shipping notice too.

TwoBees
11-08-2010, 10:38 AM
I'm still waiting. I got the shipping notice too.

I'm calling today as soon as the clock stikes 9 am Mountain Time. I'll update if I find out anything.

ChristinaLucia
11-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Got all of ours today - 3 in 2 orders, placed 24 hours apart. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

daisymommy
11-08-2010, 11:36 PM
Well, Vitamin C, oranges, grapefruit, all contain citric acid--which is obviously fine to consume every day. Not everything with the word acid in in it is harmful.

There are foods which are anti-inflammatory agents such as Omega-3 oils in fish that help people with painful arthritis--but we don't worry that by taking it/eating it we are medicating ourselves everyday. Same goes with certain foods that contain pain relieving properties (capsaicin cream--the topical pain reliever is just the same ingredient in chili peppers, fine to eat everyday).

Yes, some natural things are dangerous (like poisonous mushrooms) and some things have medicinal properties but are totally safe to take on a daily basis, especially when it is in minute amounts. We are used to being freaked out about the dangers of over-using medication, and rightly so. But that is the beauty of safe natural foods, oils, supplements, etc. Most of them can be used even daily without the same side effects and dangers.

Thats all, just my 2-cents :)

TwoBees
11-09-2010, 09:50 AM
Well, I still haven't received my order, and it was just processed though the AZ post office last night. Not cooll, since my cc was charged at the time of order over a week ago. They've agreed to refund my money. I'm very disappointed but it seems that my experience is not typical, from what other posters are saying.

daisymommy
11-09-2010, 10:33 AM
I got mine about 2-3 days after I placed the order. I'm sorry yours hasn't arrived yet :( Sounds like it may be the postal service?

babyonway
11-09-2010, 11:57 PM
How has anyone gotten a hold of them. I have left 2 posts on Facebook and called them and left a message with no response. I placed an order during the 40% off period and I have not received a shipping email or anything.

Can anyone let me know how they got a hold of them.

Thanks.

indigo99
11-10-2010, 01:06 AM
Did you pay with paypal? You might be able to get them to help.

I suspect that they may have had some trouble with the large amount of orders during that period because of the way you place your order and then pay for it separately. That's a very bad system for heavy traffic.

It's possible they had payments come in after yours even if the order was placed before yours, and they may have had trouble just keeping up with what was still in stock. I'm sure that they had some orders never paid for that were thrown out, and it's possible that yours was caught in that mess or that they are just still working to get all the orders filled rather than having to cancel them.

Mine just came on Friday, and there's been a weekend in there to slow things down so... I wouldn't be too worried just yet.

ETA: I never received a shipping email or anything either. It just showed up in the mail.

babyonway
11-10-2010, 02:11 PM
Thank you for your response. They answered my Facebook post this morning and are looking into it. I was just worried because I paid for it yet was having an impossible time getting in touch with them. Hopefully the order comes soon. :)

Melaine
11-10-2010, 06:59 PM
Thank you for your response. They answered my Facebook post this morning and are looking into it. I was just worried because I paid for it yet was having an impossible time getting in touch with them. Hopefully the order comes soon. :)

There is a long thread on Facebook today about how someone (I'm assuming Kate) didn't know to click the "others" tab where all other comments go. So if that is where you posted she said she felt terrible, but had no idea they were there.

babyonway
11-15-2010, 01:42 PM
I received my amber and I LOVE it. On Finn's facebook page they will offer another 40% off promo off EVERYTHING if they receive 15,000 "likes" of their Facebook page by 11/30.

My mom wants some Hazelwood too. Does anyone know if you can wear a Hazelwood and Amber necklace at the same time?